Overclock.net banner

What ASUS X58 motherboard you recommend for me?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy motherboard and I am still deciding between these three:

1. Asus P6T Deluxe V2
2. Asus P6TD Deluxe
3. Asus P6X58D Premium

Help me decide which one. I am going to use with my sig rig, have that in mind when voting.

EDIT: I am going to use this rig for everyday gaming, graphic design... usual stuff.
I7 [email protected]~4.0, megahalems with 30mm fan, HD 5870 (one for the beginning, second in some time)
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
13,477 Posts
Where's the "I didn't give enough information to allow users to make me a recommendation" option?

What exactly are you building this rig for? and what do you want?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by error10 View Post
Where's the "I didn't give enough information to allow users to make me a recommendation" option?

What exactly are you building this rig for? and what do you want?
I have edited post, if you need any more info just ask
Thank you

·
Initializing...
23,787 Posts
I vote for the ASUS P6T Deluxe V2!

·
Premium Member
4,146 Posts
Maybe it's just me but I don't like the way USB 3 and SATA 6 Gbps are being implemented to those new motherboards. It seems tacky/shoddy to me. I'd rather get an addon card when either of those new technologies starts becoming relevant.
In other words I personally wouldn't touch that P6X58D.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shub View Post
Maybe it's just me but I don't like the way USB 3 and SATA 6 Gbps are being implemented to those new motherboards. It seems tacky/shoddy to me. I'd rather get an addon card when either of those new technologies starts becoming relevant.
In other words I personally wouldn't touch that P6X58D.
i don't see any bandwidth suffering from my sata 6 ports. currently have my boot drive connected to it and it's running pretty smooth

·
Jack Of All Trades
10,737 Posts
I think the P6TD deluxe is the same as the V2. Just with "stack cool" copper on the bottom of the board and no Floppy or IDE connections.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am 3 days from ordering MoBo and my choices are down to two:
P6TD Deluxe and P6X58D Premium.
I do not intent to upgrade system (at least main components) for 3-4 years, so I am leaning to P6X58D Premium.
Those two boards are pretty much the same. More info would be useful.

Thank you for any additional comments.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts