Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if I can control my fan speed with this mother board, I think I tried it once before. Something like "Q-Fan" but when I turned it on in bios, my comp booted up and all fans plugged into the mobo did a nice rpm of 0! So as not to burnout my cpu I powered down quick turned it off and haven't touched it since.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
i have the same option, diff board, but same utility, i'd go for a fan controller, like a vantec controller, the hardware-controlled one's are too complicated, and i don't trust them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATVkid*AFZ*

i have the same option, diff board, but same utility, i'd go for a fan controller, like a vantec controller, the hardware-controlled one's are too complicated, and i don't trust them.

if you get a hardware one, can you turn the fans up over 100%? Or is it not recommended not to do that?

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
i wouldn't reccomend it. it's like putting more voltage through something that's rated to take a certain voltage.. it'd fry the lines and motor. actually, it'd fuse the motor if you let it run long enough at a high voltage....heh something for a rainy day....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATVkid*AFZ*

i wouldn't reccomend it. it's like putting more voltage through something that's rated to take a certain voltage.. it'd fry the lines and motor. actually, it'd fuse the motor if you let it run long enough at a high voltage....heh something for a rainy day....

lol well if I get a van control and have an old fan that needs to die. It'll be a grand time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts