Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, im wondering if there is anyway to rig something up so that i dont have to remove the graphics card, and take out the graphics card everytime i have a failed overclock

·
I remember when......
3,812 Posts
ASUS Crashfree should allow you to enter the BIOS even after a failed overclock. Simply hit the restart button after a failed post and it should state OVERCLCOKING FAILED F1 TO ENTER SETUP, OR F2 TO LOAD DEFAULTS.<br />
<br />
If needed, you should be able to rig a switch to the jumper, I know several people have done that. I've seent he threads in the mod section.

·
Registered
244 Posts
If you have a (clear cmos) bridge then you can solder two long wires to the pins and run them to the back of your computer to a switch or on/off button.As I have already done this to my board.It is a very quick no hassle way of resetting cmos.But you can't do this mod unless the motherboard has the cmos pins on it,then you have to take the battery out and bridge the pos/neg contacts for about ten seconds to achieve the clear cmos.Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">Quote:</div>
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="99%">
<tr>
<td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">

<div>
Originally Posted by <strong>Thumper</strong>

</div>
<div style="font-style:italic">ASUS Crashfree should allow you to enter the BIOS even after a failed overclock. Simply hit the restart button after a failed post and it should state OVERCLCOKING FAILED F1 TO ENTER SETUP, OR F2 TO LOAD DEFAULTS.<br />
<br />
If needed, you should be able to rig a switch to the jumper, I know several people have done that. I've seent he threads in the mod section.</div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>yeah...the crashfree never seems to kick in until i remove the cmos battery then it says overclock failed cmos something or other

·
Registered
348 Posts
same with me. It does not post but after i turn it off. Then i take out a stick of ram and boot up. It should work like that. =]

·
Registered
348 Posts
hey at least you dont have to take out your graphics card =O It was a pain for me too...i have a water pump blocking it with all these tubes going around lol...gota be very careful >< I would choose ram anyday

·
Registered
292 Posts
Try turning the power to off and drain the rest then power on and you should be able to restart and have to hit F1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts