Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if this MoBo supports the Pentium D 930? I know it works with the 830. A later BIOS then what I have is listed as a Beta. Maybe this is required?

·
Premium Member
9,824 Posts
Yes, it will run the 9XX series as long as you have BIOS version 0415. You can get it here.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks guys. Up & running! I thought I had updated the BIOS. I had downloaded the 0415 version, but did'nt reflash. This is one quick CPU. with 1 GB DDR2-667, this machine is much faster then the 3.0, 800 FSB P4 I am used to. At 70 Deg. F ambient, Idle is 32/34 C. Under moderate load, peaks at 43 C. not bad for a fresh install.

·
Premium Member
9,824 Posts
Nice work.

Please take a minute to fill in your system specs in your User CP. Links are provided in my signature. That will let you show off your gear and will put us in a better position to provide advice/suggestions if you have issues in the future.

Also, you may want to run some benchmarks on your system and post the results in the various benchmark threads we have on the site. There are few, if any, Presler results posted, so it would be very interesting to see how they stack up against other CPUs.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback. I will post system specs as soon as I decide what they will be. I have no Brand manufactured machines, only those I assembled. I do not know a whole lot about computers(which you have no doubt already figured out). Knowledgewise, on a 1-10 scale, I may be a 2. But, I do have a couple of Northwoods, a Prescott, a Smithfield, and now a Presler. I tend to experiment a lot, to the extent the mobos will allow. I would hate to to tell you how many HSF's I have, trying to balance noise and cooling. I have only OC'd a 2.26 Northwood(+25%). as to benchmarking, I do not know which Tool you prefer. I have only used PC Wizard 2006, and have no Idea what the numbers mean(If they mean anything). Again, thanks for the assistance and response.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts