Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Yea, that's a great board for an intro to LGA775! I have one in my second rig and love it
It's great because it supports all the latest processors, preslers, the Cedar Mills, sweet board, and a decent OCer. The price is unbeatable too for the preformance you get.

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Yep, I had the P5P800 and it served me very well! I never tried the SE version but I doubt its different. The only thing I can see is the location of the 24pin power connector is in a different spot.

Wowza, it doesnt support preslers man. Only Intel 945 chipsets and up can support dual core.

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigval

Yep, I had the P5P800 and it served me very well! I never tried the SE version but I doubt its different. The only thing I can see is the location of the 24pin power connector is in a different spot.

Wowza, it doesnt support preslers man. Only Intel 945 chipsets and up can support dual core.

umm.. yes it can.. this board is the 1 exception to the rule here is some proof.

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wowza

umm.. yes it can.. this board is the 1 exception to the rule here is some proof.

Wow man I didnt think it was physically possible? Reps!

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigval

Wow man I didnt think it was physically possible? Reps!

Yea, I didn't realize that for a while, that is one of the main differences from the non SE version. I like how Asus actually updates it's bios once in a while.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts