Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I went too far with my OC'ing. Now I don't get a post, or bios, nada. I would think it would at least blue screen on me. I assume that I have to reset the cmos, will that destroy my raid 5 array when I do it?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
You'd have to reconfigure it in the bios
after that it should work fine.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
When you go too far like that on the P5Q-E you have to remove the CMOS battery or discharge all the engery from the board by turning it off, flip your power switch on the PSU, and then push your power button. You'll see your lights pop on for a second then you know all the power is drained. Just turn it back on like normal and it'll tell you the OC failed and you can get into BIOS again.

·
Registered
695 Posts
The Asus should actually notice the failed OC and automatically set everything back to stock - mine does:O

I don't think this will affect your array.

good luck

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BikePilot
View Post

The Asus should actually notice the failed OC and automatically set everything back to stock - mine does:O

I don't think this will affect your array.

good luck

All other ASUS boards I have do, but the P5Q-E acts a strange with some failed OC's and it'll just boot to a blank screen and won't do anything. Again, just discharge the left over juice after you turn off your PSU and boot up as normal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spccraig9
View Post

So I will not lose my raid array? Great answer by the way, thank you.

No your array will be fine unless it was damaged from a crash (doesn't happen often). I have killed a couple arrays from my OC's while testing. Hope yours is fine.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried discharging the juice, no luck. I took the battery out and popped it back in, good to go. Raid 5 is still up, got rid of Windows 7, now I am running Ultimate 64 bit. Pain in the arse having to re-intall everything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts