Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put together my first watercooled PC. I have an Asus P5VD1-X mobo and I am haveing a very hard time getting more than a 10% overclock. Cooling is not an issue. 73 F @ 10% over clock. I have a 3Ghz P4. When I try to pushi it higher than 10% it will boot and start to load windows but will go to blue screen for a fraction of a second then reboot. From what I can tell there is not way to change voltages yourself. If anyone has any experience with this mobo I'd love to get some tip. With my old Abit mobo I got it up to 3.6Ghz air cooled so I know it can be done.

·
Premium Member
23,134 Posts
That is not the most OC-able mobo by Asus...if possible, try lowering the RAM speed below SPD, this'll fake out the BIOS into changing the FSB divider (since that is not a setting offered in the menus) which should allow you to push the CPU further--the problem might be that it's pushing the southbridge too high (since it is not an OC mobo, the PCI divider may not be flexible)--good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a ton. I lowered the RAM speed and now am at a 3.75Ghz limit. The CPU temp @ idle is 80F so I know there is a bit more room to go. If you know of any other trick to get it a bit hight I'd love to hear them. If not 3.75 is still pretty kick ass for a cheap mobo.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So how low with memory frequency did you end up going on your board. I got the same board with a D820 that I am playing with. Got her up to 3.29. Curious how far I can go and what I should try next.

DDR400 memory at 2.5 3 3 7 timings. Not sure if this is correct but it is working though. Also decreased frequency to 333. Not sure if I should go any lower.

I would appreciate any of your thoughts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.