Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to go with the P6T Deluxe after some research but just before I was going to order I saw that there was a new "Revision 2" version available on NewEgg. However there have been a sizable number of negative reviews, many of which bring up the same issues.

So that makes me a little wary. Should I go with the Rev 1, 2 or perhaps go for the WS Revolution (supposed to be good) or the new EVGA 132-BL-E758-TR?

Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
4,420 Posts
The first revision is actually better than the second. Both the Revolution and EVGA x58 are good boards as well. I've been very satisfied with my evga one.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I gathered.

Is there any reason to pick one over the other between the P6T Rev 1, EVGA or WS?

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kleric View Post
That's what I gathered.

Is there any reason to pick one over the other between the P6T Rev 1, EVGA or WS?
Honestly I can say you wouldn't be disappointed with Rev 1 or Rev 2 models. There was a similar thread and the EVGA motherboard was least recommended compared to the P6T Deluxe.

·
Registered
623 Posts
The WS revolution was setting some OC records for a while, and it has lots of PCI-E slots. It also costs a little more.

·
Premium Member
7,949 Posts
Just outta interest, what do the negative reviews say about it?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
4,420 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kleric View Post
Ok thanks.

Price aside, Deluxe or WS?
Price aside, I'd get the WS.

·
Premium Member
4,781 Posts
I have researched and the only differences between the rev 1 and rev 2 that I have found is the rev 1 has 2 SAS ports, whereas the rev 2 is missing them. Unless you are getting SAS drives, I don't think it will matter at all.

I got the rev1 because it was the same price, but I think the rev 2 will have the same OC'ing abilities.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going with the WS because of the true x16 PCI slots and overall better reviews.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts