Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending the better part of 3 days mucking about with the new official bios release for this board from Asus (0704), I was finally able to force flash it back to 0610 (using an ES version of AFUDOS, a 98 bootable formatted USB key and some colorful language...).

The 0704 bios was causing some major issues with my setup. The main issue was that if I booted up with my crossfire array enabled, the system would hang indefinitely on startup. The only solution was to go into the bios, reset the bios to system defaults, restart, disable crossfire, reboot and reconfig my bios to its ongoing overclock (which prior to the bios flash was stable for months) and then reboot. Then I could reenable crossfire and it would work. If I forgot to disable crossfire before shutting down, it would start all over again.

I still haven't figured out how reseting the bios to defaults allowed the system to boot as none of the settings I typically change have any effect on graphics cards (I don't change pci spread spectrum for example).

Back to 0610 now and its working fine again.

I found several other owners that were having a variety of startup issues with this bios as well.

·
Totally New to OCN
10,627 Posts
I am pretty glad I did not get the V2, I have been pretty happy with mine and actually have never even updated the bios =)

Sucks to hear all these weird issues of the V2

Nice of you to point this out to everyone

·
Premium Member
20,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the only issue I have had thus far. The board has been completely stable with my cpu at 4ghz for a number of months.

I'm a sucker for bios revisions though

·
Premium Member
20,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
check the motherboard tab in cpu-z

·
Registered
360 Posts
Awesome thanks. I'll make sure to keep away from that bios. How exactly should I flash bios anyway.. This sounds so noob

·
Premium Member
20,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Easiest way, is to download the bios (use 0610), unzip it, copy it into your harddrive main c directory.

reboot and go into bios. in tools, go to ezflash, find the file in the c: directory and select it. follow the steps from there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts