Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am about to order my i7 mobo. I got 3x2gb Corsair XMS DDR3 1333 ram and I am getting the Core i7 920. I was planning on going with the P6T Deluxe, but I see like 5 different P6T boards.
P6T
P6T Deluxe
P6T6 WS Revolution
P6T Deluxe OC/Palm
P6T Deluxe V2

What is the difference between each of them? Which one do you guys recommend?
I plan on maybe SLI'ing a couple GTX 260's but no Tri-SLI or Tri-Crossfire.
Main concern is bang for buck and OC'ing ability. If the P6T is just as good as the P6T Deluxe for OC'ing then I would rather get the P6T.

So can someone explain the differences between them?

·
Premium Member
4,420 Posts
There honestly isn't a huge difference between the P6T and P6T Deluxe. Only get the Revolution if you need the 6 pci-e slots. I'd say save a little money, get the normal P6T, and spend that money on decent 1600mhz ram.

·
Premium Member
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already got the DDR3 1333mhz ram because I got it off OCN for really cheap, $60.

I just ordered the P6T Deluxe last night from Newegg.
I figured out the only difference between the P6T Dlx and P6T Dlx V2 is that the V2 does not have the 2 SAS SATA ports on it, which to me seems like a downgrade and I guess that is why it is $10 cheaper. However I went ahead and got the V1.

I figure I might as well get a top of the line mobo because I rarely upgrade my mobo unless I change sockets or I get a new CPU that OC's a lot better on a different board.

I plan on getting 1600mhz ram when the prices fall more and timings get better.

Next upgrade is a GTX 260 and a 24" LCD.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Good choice with that board
You are correct; the only difference is the lack of SAS support which almost nobody is going to use anyway.

·
Registered
803 Posts
noahmateen1234,
I was also thinking of getting the p6t, and I did some research. it may be coincidence, but i found that more OCN members that had the EVGA X58 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813188046 over the P6T, had 4ghz+ overclocks,
Hope that helps,

-Falven

1 - 8 of 8 Posts