Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I just bought this motherboard thursday... and within one night of using it i found out that my pins got bent somehow and scroch marks on the cpu. The computer store that I bought it from wont do dick all and asus is charging me 120 to repair it. Has anyone had any problems with over heating problems on this mobo? (one of the pins looked melted) But no matter what the computer store i bought it from said it was my fault. What you guys think?

I first notice after i turned my computer off the first night I got it and only four gbs of ram was showing and would still boot up.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Sorry to hear that, man.

as far as the ol' "4gb-of-ram-when-I-have-6gb-omg***pancakesftw-problem," the only true fix for this is to RMA and Asus will fix it for free. Make sure all 3 memories are fine first though.

But the melted/bent cpu socket seems to be user's fault because they come covered in plastic to prevent damage, only way for them to get damaged is during the process of installing a CPU. But then again, you said it worked fine for a day so I can't really say.

Besides the scratch marks on the CPU, is the CPU fine? Do you have any pics of the damage?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya the Cpu was fine. I was able to clean of the scorch marks on it. Actually it was because of the Pins that the ram was reading Because it was reading 6Gbs when i finished.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.