Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've ASUS P7P55D PRO mobo as you can see in my rig... Here is a photo of the mobo:

My question is;
I wanna use a RAM Cooler like Corsair or OCZ or whatever BUT the problem is as you can see in the above picture of the mobo, RAM slots have clips only on one side, and as i saw, RAM Coolers attach to these clips... Is there another way to instal those RAM Coolers, or is there another group of products that i missed, or am i not to use these RAM Coolers ? Or the obvious question: Am i missing something here ? :S

Thanks in advance...

Purgatory Out!...

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Hmmm, I see what you mean. There's no "lip" if you will on the bottom side. Besides that it also looks like the top PCI-e slot is right up against those bottom clips for the RAM. If you have your video card in that slot it may well block the use of a RAM cooler also.

Looks like a job for the Antec Spot Cool.

·
Premium Member
9,081 Posts
IM almost 100% sure that the cooler will fit on that motherboard, Its a nice MOBO, where is the Northbridge?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah "lip"...
There is enough space between the ram slots and the 5870(angle of the photo is wierd).
The question is as you guys mentioned "grip" wise...
There is no lip at the bottom so i don't know how can i tighten up the lower end of the cooler if i get any...

I saw some photos that some people have installed an OCZ or Zalman RAM coolers to their P7P55D series boards but there is no explanation or a good angled photo to figure out what is done and how...

I really wanna use a ram cooler

PS: LGA1156(P55-H55 chipsets) don't have a NB(North Bridge) since the RAM controller is integrated in the CPU itself...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Either i'm missing something or it is really unlucky of me that i can't find any information...

Nobody uses RAM Cooler with a P7P55D series mobo ?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
up!

·
Premium Member
9,081 Posts
Anyway, these cooler cost 20$ even less, if it doesnt fit on this mobo keep it for another rig or sell it for the same price, but I looked closely at your motherboard and I dont see where the Ram cooler would fit on the bottom side of the Dimm.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeap, i'm going for aesthetic to be honest... Think i can spend $20 for a little tryout anyways... Thank you for the advices...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts