Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which of these boards is better, and which should I get? Could you perhaps list the differences between them?

Also, can I get an explanation regarding the drivers for my SSD? up until several days ago I had no idea it even required a driver. :X

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
UD5 is better. But if you want a comparable board at a nice price, look at the ASRock P67 Extreme6.

For SSD, you need to install the latest Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver. Better support for TRIM and should help with loading times.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
ASUS P8P67 Deluxe.

None of the launch boards stand out from the others based on performance. All the boards have proven to OC well and all manufacturers are supporting their given boards with prompt updates. IMO it boils down to the features, number of ports, and board layout. You compare those and you'll find what works best for you and your plans.
thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sLowEnd;12023469
The Asus has EFI and a better onboard ethernet chip. (Intel instead of Realtek)
It also has more SATA ports.
its not onboard, its the ethernet from the PCH. Gigabyte didn't use it to take load off pch.

Also power delivery is different you cannot compare the two. GIgabyte's is VRD12 certified as in it can change the VID on the fly so you can auto OC to 4.5ghz area without changing vcore, i can take to 4.8ghz without vcore change.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxyong8;12030330
does anyone know where to buy Asus P8P67 Deluxe???? i couldn't find from newegg
I'm not sure what's going on, the listing is currently deactivated, like it's either been discontinued or on backorder. I thought that was just a normal out-of-stock thing, but another member pointed out that it's not normal....
after a bios update and clearing the cmos, it seems like a really solid board w/ plenty of everything.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I don't mean to be a butt and ask for reps, but everytime I help one of you new guys on the forums I get no reps. Normally I wouldn't care, but I've been spending a lot of time trying to help people out specifically to get reps so that I can sell some stuff on OCN. OP asks a simple question and now he's gone - no response to any of our suggestions except to request more . Also dissapointing, but I guess this is what happens when a bunch of new hardware is released - you get people registering just to ask a few desperate questions before they make their purchase and forever disappear.

Anyway, I went to Frys today and holy crap! They were cleared out of everything Sandy Bridge related... motherboards, processors, H70 cooling units, etc. It's amazing! I wouldn't be surprised if it's getting nabbed everytime it comes back in stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxyong8;12030330
does anyone know where to buy Asus P8P67 Deluxe???? i couldn't find from newegg
If you have Amazon Prime (college students get 1 yr membership free by the way):[ame="[URL=http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325&tag=overclockdotnet-20&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2F6Gbps-Supported-Motherboard-P8P67-Deluxe%2Fdp%2FB004EFYI4Q]http://www.amazon.com/6Gbps-Supported-Motherboard-P8P67-Deluxe/dp/B004EFYI4Q"]Amazon[/ame[/URL]]

or just try Google Shopping

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeeks;12037082
I don't mean to be a butt and ask for reps, but everytime I help one of you new guys on the forums I get no reps. Normally I wouldn't care, but I've been spending a lot of time trying to help people out specifically to get reps so that I can sell some stuff on OCN.
I went through exactly the same thing and I've been a member here a long time. I would get frustrated about REP and try to forget about it for a while.. Only returning to my bad habits months later. Before I knew it I had a pile of tech gear I was waiting to sell on OCN.. Well as you can see I finally reached the 35 REP and you know what I learned? Forget selling your gear on the marketplace, much like the REP it is full of false hope. One day after I started my marketplace threads I realized that I'd waited all this time for nothing.. Honestly, the only thing the marketplace is interested in is great deal. Then, it wants to haggle you down lower and expects you to pay shipping. Without going on and on about it, I put my items on eBay asking 12% more to offset fees (eBay + PayPal) and guess what? Everything is selling or has already sold and shipped out for more then I could have imagined. Not only am I making MORE because of my fee adjustment and eBay being a nationwide auction house BUT the buyers pay shipping and there is no haggling whatsoever.
biggrin.gif

The only members who seem to +Rep are those up the river who you truly help out of a jam or those undergoing the same painful REP grind. Good luck sir, +REP for you
thumb.gif

·
Registered
771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822;12024480
its not onboard, its the ethernet from the PCH. Gigabyte didn't use it to take load off pch.

Also power delivery is different you cannot compare the two. GIgabyte's is VRD12 certified as in it can change the VID on the fly so you can auto OC to 4.5ghz area without changing vcore, i can take to 4.8ghz without vcore change.
Sin,

Does Asus' use of ethernet from the PCH make any difference compared to Gigabyte's lack thereof? I'm trying to decide whether to with a Gigabyte UD5 or an Asus Deluxe. Curious if you have any insight on that. Thx.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts