Overclock.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the Asus P8P67 Deluxe with a GTX 580 and recently got a another GTX 580 for SLI. I know the motherboard has 3 PCI 2.0 16x Lanes with the third running at 4x. If I install the 2nd 580 next to the first then they will run at 8x/8x right? Also what if I install it on the bottom third express slot that is 4x, would that be bad? Would that make it run at 8x/4x? Would that be worth it for the better air flow betweent he two graphics card?

· !
9,210 Posts
Yes running in the first 2 PCIe 16x slots your 580s would run at 8x/8x. If you ran it in the first and third PCIe slots it would run at 16x/4x and while that doesn't sound much worse than 8x/8x I believe that the third 4x slot runs through the P67 chipset rather than straight to the CPU so I would definitely run them in the first and second PCIe slots. Also I don't know if you are aware but there is a three slot gap between the first and second PCIe slots so if you are running two dual slot 580s, which it looks like you are, they will already be getting plenty of air.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.