Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this is my first post concerning my first build. Here's the problem I built my computer and turned it on it turned on for about 5 seconds turned off and then switched itself back on again, throughout this the memok has remained on (not flashing) Ithen held the memok button until it started flashing it kept flashing for around 10 minutes and then the computer switched itself off I turned it back on around 2 mins later and it did exactly the same as it did the first time only this time the memok button flashed throughout I turned off the machine and removed the psu plug from the socket and then checked the ram was inserted correctly into the dimm slots I am now about to try switching it back on. Here are the specs in case you need them.

Case - haf 932
Mobo - asus p8p67 Eco
CPU - Intel I7 2600k
Ram - corsaire xms3 8gb ddr3 (2x4gb)

Further information: I have placed the ram into the 2nd and 4th slots also I have not heard the computer beep at any point

any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,932 Posts
What voltage is this memory rated for?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the problem with the RAM is fixed, I took one out and the memok light has stayed off... now when I switch it on the CPU led is on, I've taken the heatsinks off removed the thermal compound removed the CPU and the compound from the CPU and checked the socket for broken pins but I couldn't find any, I put the CPU back and replaced the thermal compound and the heatsink and tried switching it on again but the red light stays on and it turns itself off after 10 mins, there are still no beeps when turning it on

1 - 3 of 3 Posts