Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I blew up my last processor, so I bought a new one along with a new motherboard.

I put it all together today and plugged everything in, but when I try to start up my computer, it blue screens when the Windows logo is spinning and trying to load Windows.

I think the problem might be that I'm still using my old hard drive. My old motherboard was an MSI and my new one's an ASUS.
Could that be the problem?

If so, how do I get it to work?

Thanks to anyone who can help me!

ASUS P8P67
Intel Core i5 2500k
16gigs G. Skill Ripjaw 1600
2 GeForce GTX 580 in SLI
Western Digital 2TB HD
Windows 7 Home Premium

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hmm does Safe Mode works? If yes boot up to Safe Mode and uninstall all old Chipset Drivers and try bootup again and install the new Chipset for your PC.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I do a fresh install of Windows, that means I have to delete everything on my HD, right?

I was looking for another way around that.....I wasn't thinking about this beforehand and didn't back up ANY of my stuff

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
I swap the same hdd between multiple boards and had never had to do more than let it install drivers and then reboot. Thats with w7.

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
ASUS P67 boards have AHCI enabled by default in bios, while some other brands do not. If AHCI was disabled in your MSI board, then I believe that could be the cause to your BSOD's.

Go into bios and try to disable AHCI for all SATA devices, then see if Windows will boot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts