Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

a few days ago I update the bios from 2303 to 3207 I found that under the Ai Tweaker Menu, some options are missing. They are "Turbo Ratio", "internal PLL Overvoltage" Even I upgrade my BIOS, or Clear CMOS with jumper, these three options are still missing. the bios have bug?! how can i get back to 2303 somebody say that if use bios to flash 2303 will go to black how can i do

I update the bios to 3301 also missing the options too

I want to get back to 2303 on DOS use BUPDATER 1.3 can not work too "The BIOS file is older than the current BIOS."

How can I get back to 2303!!!

how can I solve this problem I want OC

2500k can be 4.5G by auto~~~~~~~~

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I update the bios to 3301 also missing the options too

maybe the bios have bug~~~~~

2303 is good buy i can get back

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Z77 can use EZ Flash downgrade to old bios?!
the offical say can not 3xxx to 2xxx and you can 3207 <->3301
my P8P67 can not also in dos useing BUPDATER

·
It's a me
2,883 Posts
Bump, I'm also having this issue. Updated BIOS on a P8Z68-V Gen3 Board and I now cannot boot if my RAM is set to anything higher than 1333 and I am missing Turbo Multiplier option to overclock. There are a couple threads in the Asus forums with people having the same issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the same problem after updating the BIOS through ASUS Update and found a solution.

1. Download this BIOS flasher: http://www.ami.com/support/downloads/amiflash.zip
  2. In the zip, navigate to: amiflash\Aptio\AFUWIN
  3. Depending on your OS architecture, either open the 64 or 32 folder
  4. Open the zip in the folder you just opened
  5. Extract the folder within the zip
  6. Either restart your computer or close every application that's running, this step is important!
  7. Click "Open" then browse to the latest BIOS file
  8. Under the Setup tab, tick the "Program All Blocks" check box (see below image)

9. Click "Flash" and then wait. Don't even move the mouse
  10. Restart your computer and then everything should be back to normal!
    thumb.gif

·
It's a me
2,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalem50 View Post

I had the same problem after updating the BIOS through ASUS Update and found a solution.
  1. Download this BIOS flasher: http://www.ami.com/support/downloads/amiflash.zip
  2. In the zip, navigate to: amiflash\Aptio\AFUWIN
  3. Depending on your OS architecture, either open the 64 or 32 folder
  4. Open the zip in the folder you just opened
  5. Extract the folder within the zip
  6. Either restart your computer or close every application that's running, this step is important!
  7. Click "Open" then browse to the latest BIOS file
  8. Under the Setup tab, tick the "Program All Blocks" check box (see below image)
  9. Click "Flash" and then wait. Don't even move the mouse
  10. Restart your computer and then everything should be back to normal!
    thumb.gif
Good find. I found something similar but when I found it, I already had a new BIOS chip in the mail so I figured I would just wait and not bother. I do still have the old BIOS chip... maybe someday when I have time I will throw it back in and try it. Is it possible to flash the original BIOS using this method?

I do remember seeing this method in another thread and the community was only reporting a 60%ish success rate so that turned me off as well. Where did you find this at?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
7 Click "Open" then browse to the latest BIOS file

A1 Error: BIOS does not support ME Entire Firmware update

p8p67 3301 bios

how can i do?!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how about other guy to do with this problem?

ASUS not update the new bios at last two months 3301 is on Jun 13 now is Aug 21

i waiting for the new bios by ASUS

·
It's a me
2,883 Posts
I didn't attempt this method because I had already ordered a new BIOS chip. I think it came out to $24 after shipping. You can get them even cheaper on eBay for like $15...

Here

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok no need to Downgrade the bios to old bios!!!

dram speed and cpu ratio are adjustable after USE FTK to fix the missing problem

all came back now~~~~ THANKS:thumb:

I don't know why how about ME problem can cause the adjustable problem.....

·
It's a me
2,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny115 View Post

ok no need to Downgrade the bios to old bios!!!
dram speed and cpu ratio are adjustable after USE FTK to fix the missing problem
all came back now~~~~ THANKS:thumb:
I don't know why how about ME problem can cause the adjustable problem.....
Whats FTK?

·
Padawan Overclocker
2,852 Posts
Ahem, I suppose you all upgraded to 3207 bios 2 times in a row right ? I mean after you select the bios file in asus bios, it resets. Then you go into bios again and use the same file AGAIN. It's written in the readme file, to flash 2 times in a row then clear cmos. This is for bios version 3xxx.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good old ME problem, that can be easily solved by reflashing ME region with Intel Flash Programming Tool.
1. Download FTK from my forums.overclockers.ru post.
2. Unpack it to desktop, go to FTK/Win32 or FTK/Win64 folder, it depends of Windows version you have, copy your BIOS image file into it.
3.1. For Z77/X79 boards with CAP-files drag the BIOS file onto cap2bin.bat, getting bios.bin file, that has 8192Kb size.
3.2. For P67/Z68 boards with ROM-files simply rename the BIOS file to bios.bin.
4. Run meupd.bat as administrator using right-click meny.
If you see green "FPT Operation Passed" message, then all goes OK.
Do not worry about "PDR/GbE Region does not exist" or "Could not communicate with HECI" messages, they are normal.
5. Power off the PC, remove power completely for about 30 sec and power on again. It is needed to reset ME, which is standby-powered.
Go to BIOS Setup->Main and look at ME Version string, which must be not N/A.
Look around to see your setting and multipliers are back.

this FTK!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
to flash 2 times in a row then clear cmos !!! this no help for the missing problem

3xxx must do this on readme file and CLEAR the cmos after update but still missing the option!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts