Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I start up my pc the "boot device led" turns red. I have set my sata to RAID in the bios and I have already configured the drives together and installed windows but now it thinks they are no longer in RAID, so now my pc wont boot to windows.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I wanted to update my bios but the ones listed on the Asus website for my motherboard dont work, I cant update to them from the bios (I dont think they are the correct ones, just like the LAN driver on the asus website is wrong {realtek not intel})

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
Yeah, this happened to me yesterday and my RAID array failed. I'm about to update my bios from the 04xx version to see if that'll help, but instead of the boot device LED lighting up I'm now getting the RAM light...

Edit: How did you manage to get the BIOS updater working? I've gone to the menu, selected EZ flash utlity and I get a black screen of nothingness. Got this working, apparently you can only have the drive being used to flash the BIOS installed.

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by justarealguy
View Post

Yeah, this happened to me yesterday and my RAID array failed. I'm about to update my bios from the 04xx version to see if that'll help, but instead of the boot device LED lighting up I'm not getting the RAM light...

Ah, how did you fix it? Just reset the array and re-installed?

Let me know if you can update your bios, when I try to update to the 1053 beta bios in the EZ flash program in the bios I get this error "Selected file is not a EFI BIOS!"

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xlastshotx
View Post

Ah, how did you fix it? Just reset the array and re-installed?

Let me know if you can update your bios, when I try to update to the 1053 beta bios in the EZ flash program in the bios I get this error "Selected file is not a EFI BIOS!"

Like I said, my RAID array had failed. Was getting an "FAILED" notification saying one of my HDDs were "Incompatible". So, yeah I had to reinstall windows and reset the raid.

Working on it now, but it's not even opening the BIOS flash utlity.

Update: Had to unplug my HDDs for it to get to the utlity, no idea why it didn't like them but it definitely didn't. BIOS update worked fine, if you want I can attach what I've downloaded from their website but honestly I wouldn't recommend flashing your BIOS with a file from some random guy on OCN.

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

View Post

Like I said, my RAID array had failed. Was getting an "FAILED" notification saying one of my HDDs were "Incompatible". So, yeah I had to reinstall windows and reset the raid.

Working on it now, but it's not even opening the BIOS flash utlity.

Ah, well sounds like with both are having issues. Best of luck to you

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

View Post

Well, I got everything working. The HDD LED still lights up but as soon as the Windows 7 Loading screen pops up it goes away.

Read my updates if you'd like me to post the BIOS I have.

Your updates?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi,

i am having trouble as well trying to flash the bios.
downloaded the latest stable version from asus but when in the bios utility (within the efi) it says 'selected file is not an efi bios'. ive tried flashing from a hard disc and usb thumb drive, both with the same results. can someone offer any advice?

thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I from EZ flash try to update P8P67 from BIOS 0402 to any newer BIOS file (*.ROM) that is placed on my NTFS drive, I receive the error message "not a EFI BIOS". But following the manual recommendation, and placing the files on a FAT32-formatted USB flash memory solves this error.

Also, keep the filename of the ROM file, as renaming it (for example to 1003.ROM) will result in the error message "Image Integrity check failed".

Also, updating from BIOS 0402 to 1033 made my 16 GB Corsair Vengeance available in Windows. With 0402 only 8 GB was available.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts