1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to upgrade and decided on these parts:

i5 2500k ( would like to oc to 4.5ghz )
Hyper 212 plus cpu cooler
2x coolmaster sickle flow 120mm (for the cpu cooler)
8gb ddr3 Corsair Vengeance ram
2x Gigabyte OC 6850s ( already have these so can't change them )
Corsair HX650 650W Modular Power Supply
Antec Dark fleet DF-85
or the red and white phantom http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/comp...p?partid=15851

Last thing I have to decide on is the motherboard, what advantages will I gain from having the Asus P8Z68? Its quite a bit more expensive and just wondering if its worth getting over the Gigabyte. Also if there are any suggestions to what I'm getting that would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
274 Posts
Personally, I think the Gigabyte boards look awesome
smile.gif

More power phases means better/more stable overclocking, but the Gigabyte is still a fine board even though the Asus has more phases.

I would get the Gigabyte
tongue.gif

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. Also would you recommend the cooler i chose or the COOLERMASTER V6GT? Also the psu I chose or the FSP AM-650MG 650W AURUM MODULAR PSU 80 PLUS GOLD?

I've just got different quotes from different shops and trying to choose haha.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peachehe
View Post

Thanks for the replies. Also would you recommend the cooler i chose or the COOLERMASTER V6GT? Also the psu I chose or the FSP AM-650MG 650W AURUM MODULAR PSU 80 PLUS GOLD?

I've just got different quotes from different shops and trying to choose haha.

Thanks

Hyper 212+/EVO beats V6GT and V8.

Stick with Corsair.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpuck73;15240175
Gigabyte, I have that same board and it works great!!!
You have almost the same system as I want to make. I have some questions about it, could you help me?

-Did you have any troubles with HAF X? For example: was there any troubles with installing you Gigabyte MB and Graphic Card in this case?

-why you chose 1600Mhz Memory but not 2133Mhz?

-is it possible to buy iSSD for MB for "Smart Response Technology" separately and connect it by your own?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts