Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello -
I am trying to accomplish two things that I seem to be coming up short on.

First is the driver, I been all over google, and even the Asus website, all that is given to me is a .CAT file from the supposed driver download, no INF file nada. I say this because of the following.

I tried to push the monitor to 75hz, not too daunting of a task, I have seen it done on the web.

Everything goes great, I use a tool that allows me to add the new refresh rate for 1440p, and when I hit up to 75hz it work fine until you try and move the mouse of have something on the screen, it almost looks like you are lagging.

Like in D3 it seemed like I was running at 20-30 FPS with it showed I was locked at 60, which makes me more concerned because even if Vsync was on would it not stand at 75 fps or atleast try and go above 60.

It just seems in the end it just does not support more than 60hz at 1440p. but I was thinking of my monitor still shows up as genericPnP and that could be the issue.

Thanks for any help or direction you can give me,

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystblade View Post

Hello -
I am trying to accomplish two things that I seem to be coming up short on.

First is the driver, I been all over google, and even the Asus website, all that is given to me is a .CAT file from the supposed driver download, no INF file nada. I say this because of the following.

I tried to push the monitor to 75hz, not too daunting of a task, I have seen it done on the web.

Everything goes great, I use a tool that allows me to add the new refresh rate for 1440p, and when I hit up to 75hz it work fine until you try and move the mouse of have something on the screen, it almost looks like you are lagging.

Like in D3 it seemed like I was running at 20-30 FPS with it showed I was locked at 60, which makes me more concerned because even if Vsync was on would it not stand at 75 fps or atleast try and go above 60.

It just seems in the end it just does not support more than 60hz at 1440p. but I was thinking of my monitor still shows up as genericPnP and that could be the issue.

Thanks for any help or direction you can give me,
The Asus PB278Q doesn't overclock. If you feed it a signal at >60hz, it will only display 60hz. This will show up as "frame skipping" where the monitor doesn't actually show all the frames sent to it. It results in a stuttering feeling. Sorry. It just doesn't work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the fast reply.

I kinda figured that but I found this.

http://www.tweaktown.com/tweakipedia/18/overclocking-our-asus-pb278q-monitor-2560x1440-at-85hz/index.html

and this lead me to even try it, maybe hes ok with frame skipping IDK it does not really go into him using it just that it accepted the refreshrate but he claims it was smooth? when for me it was noticeable laggy.

Still can't figure out why I can't get drivers for this guy, while my Acer sitting right next to it has drivers and says ACER27GL or whatever, as my Asus just says GenericPNP.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
That reviewer clearly doesn't provide any proof he is running at 85hz. Frame skipping is a result of a locked PCB which that Asus monitor has. The smoother look he is getting is in his head.

·
Premium Member
5,047 Posts
Thread Necro I know. A friend of mine showed me this link while trying to OC his 278q. I can tell you for sure that it is possible and I currently have mine running at 85 hz. IF anyone would like proof tell me what you want and ill get it for you. These monitors cap out at 85 from what ive seen and ive clocked more then one or two of them already.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippen Out View Post

Thread Necro I know. A friend of mine showed me this link while trying to OC his 278q. I can tell you for sure that it is possible and I currently have mine running at 85 hz. IF anyone would like proof tell me what you want and ill get it for you. These monitors cap out at 85 from what ive seen and ive clocked more then one or two of them already.
www.testufo.com/#test=frameskipping

Get a picture with a camera

thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
A few other people proved that it can't over clock without dropping frames.

·
Premium Member
5,047 Posts
Do I still need to post the picture if i say i understand what you are talking about now. At first I was like. oh yea its valid i knew i was right. Then i read the instructions and failed. no matter how many pics i took i could not get it to line up directly next to each other. I never had jitter or lag or any problems in any gaming (that i noticed) nothing to believe that it wasnt running at 85hz.

Does this hold true for the korean monitors that hit 120hz ? Or just these Asus monitors?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts