Overclock.net banner

1481 - 1498 of 1498 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Logically speaking, it's pretty well expected that saved profiles may not be all the way compatible with newer BIOS version because of changes, specially in AGESA code. I see some settings in BIOS are not saved at all in user profile.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would recommend to take photos or write everything down on a piece of paper, and not to use profiles at all from different versions of the bios. Profiles can be used only within one version of the bios.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I would recommend to take photos or write everything down on a piece of paper, and not to use profiles at all from different versions of the bios. Profiles can be used only within one version of the bios.
I save the profile to a text file to a usb drive (FAT32 format). Just go to the profiles page and hit Alt+F2. Although I notice every single option isn't saved to the txt file, but the "important" ones are.

Print it out or send it to your phone.

• Rep+
Reactions: radier

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys. Can anyone help? Something is wrong with the motherboard or something else, maybe drivers or OS.
The essence of the problem: after some work of the PC, the fans that are connected to connectors CHA_FAN3 or CPU or CPU OPT (does not matter which connector is used at all), the fans go into inverted mode (sounds stupid, I know) and the more the CPU is warm, the slower the fans spin, up to a complete stop.
I tried adjusting the curve. Tried different connectors. Tried switching DC/PWM and Auto. Tried turning down the overclocking.
I have two different BeQuiet fans, one OEM from Dark Rock 4, the other new, but the problem appears the same on both. The other fans are connected through the case hub, and there seems to be no problem with them, although sometimes they start spinning at maximum speed.
Has anyone had anything like this happen? Any ideas?
Thanks.
p.s. sry for english I used a translator. I would welcome any ideas.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys. Can anyone help? Something is wrong with the motherboard or something else, maybe drivers or OS.
The essence of the problem: after some work of the PC, the fans that are connected to connectors CHA_FAN3 or CPU or CPU OPT (does not matter which connector is used at all), the fans go into inverted mode (sounds stupid, I know) and the more the CPU is warm, the slower the fans spin, up to a complete stop.
I tried adjusting the curve. Tried different connectors. Tried switching DC/PWM and Auto. Tried turning down the overclocking.
I have two different BeQuiet fans, one OEM from Dark Rock 4, the other new, but the problem appears the same on both. The other fans are connected through the case hub, and there seems to be no problem with them, although sometimes they start spinning at maximum speed.
Thanks.
I had this happen to me before but all I needed to do to fix it was to restart my computer. I don't know if this had anything to do with it but HWiNFO had been running all day. You could try seeing if it still happens if you boot in safe mode.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Sometimes when I leave hwinfo in background my chassis fans start spinning very fast. Maybe it is just coincdence but now I don't run hwinfo when I don't need to.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
HWinfo can cause the fans to spaz out and run at 100% for no reason.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I'm making the jump from my 2700X to a 5800X next week on this board. Hopefully it works well. This will probably be my last core component change until DDR5 becomes more mainstream.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks.
that happened on my personal rig it was cuz the sensors fail to register temps sometimes and deliver a 0 RPM on Temps then the fan controller gets crazy and goes FULL mode to wake the fans and they stay that way until u do a full powerdown/start.. i ll give u my solution for that hope it works for u too.. setup your fan curve on the UEFI/BIOS on w/e temp sensor u see fit.. and set the minimum RPM on the fans to 600..thats how i fixed it

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Does someone remember if flashing the BIOS clears the profiles? If not, is there a way to wipe all the profiles?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Does someone remember if flashing the BIOS clears the profiles? If not, is there a way to wipe all the profiles?
IIRC last time I updated (5603->5837), the saved profiles were kind of invalidated, i.e. their names were enclosed in parentheses and you couldn't load them, only overwrite them.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
5831 to 5837 to 5843 they stayed but all didn't react same way. New BIOS brings new and different things, there are changes so one can't expect everything to be same.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
hi, which bios you guy recomend for a ryzen 3600? I am using a ryzen 1600 with bios 5204. thanks
5843 works super on 3000 Ryzen, has more OC settings than earlier ones and seems to push voltages less when left on auto. No more 1.475-1.5v at idle. Even newer one will probably be available soon with AGESA 1202, 5843 has 1201. It's also better with RAM enabling lower L3 cache latency although in my case not by much, about 1.5ns.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
1481 - 1498 of 1498 Posts