Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick quesiton, I'm putting a new videocard in someone's system and I was wondering what this motherboard had, PCIe or AGP.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by |talian $tallion

That' an older mobo, it doesn't have PCI-E nor does it have AGP

You will only be able to put a PCI video card in there. The best PCI card your gonna find will probably be a 5700.

Ohh damn. Alright thanks alot man
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
642 Posts
i have a asus ptgd1-la that came with my hp it does have pci-e x16 im using it it doesnt have an agp slot
you should buy another one im buying an aopen one for overclocking cuz they blocked it and there is no software for ocing that mobo
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by dani

i have a asus ptgd1-la that came with my hp it does have pci-e x16 im using it it doesnt have an agp slot
you should buy another one im buying an aopen one for overclocking cuz they blocked it and there is no software for ocing that mobo

Yea, its not mine, I'm putting a videocard in a girl that I know's pc.

She's going to start playing F.E.A.R. But i figured out that she could play it with her computer, she's got an ATi X550.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,952 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by lightsource

Yea, its not mine, I'm putting a videocard in a girl that I know's pc.

She's going to start playing F.E.A.R. But i figured out that she could play it with her computer, she's got an ATi X550.

Woah, woah, woah, that motherboard is based off of the 915G intel chipset, which supports PCIe. here at intel's site, it explains this a little more indept. Though I would check with HP and see if there are a limit or certain type of graphics cards that will work for this board.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
642 Posts
i got an x550 i play fear really good with it

cuz i overclocked ram to 373mhz which is 49% overclock
and core to 502 mhz which is 25% overclock and i did it with the stock coolers
i got the visiontek one 256mb version
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by |talian $tallion
That' an older mobo, it doesn't have PCI-E nor does it have AGP

You will only be able to put a PCI video card in there. The best PCI card your gonna find will probably be a 5700.

Ohh damn. Alright thanks alot man

This board comes in 2 Flavas PTGD1-LA & PTGD-LA


1) PTGD1-LA comes with a PCI-E Slot, very nice board by ASUS for HP/COMPAQ
2) PTGD-LA comes with out, it has the spot on the board for the PCI-E Slot but it was left out during production.
Both boards have onboard video


I have 2 PTGD1-LA 's and they run any game smoothe with my nVidia 6600GT 512MB PCI-E. PURRS Like kittens
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Hello all this is my 1st post here and I hope to be usefull to all.

I have this board (PTGD1-LA) it came on a HP I got. It came with a ATI, I forgot exactly what model as I upgraded to a nvidia 6800 256 PCIe the same day I bought it. Then a month later I upgraded again to a BFG 7800GTX OC 256MB, also upgraded PSU to a 600W without any problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I have this mobo came with my HP which isnt really a HP no more since i messed with it. Its good, imo. lol thats all im going to say i was going to say more but suddenly i've lost the motivation so all im going to say is that it's another good mobo from asus
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by Nicklt

I have this mobo came with my HP which isnt really a HP no more since i messed with it. Its good, imo. lol thats all im going to say i was going to say more but suddenly i've lost the motivation so all im going to say is that it's another good mobo from asus

Cool, thnx.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I have windows vista ultimate edition and thinking to update to BFG GeForce 8800 GTX nVidia GeForce 8800GTX Chipset PCI-Express Graphic Card Ready Built for Windows Vista, and I have a ASUS PTGD1-LA motherboard. Is this compabile with this graphic card? If not what things do I need to update.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by lightsource
View Post

It may be compatible, but your case may not allow it to fit.

Hi i'm new here, but i'd just like to say I tried installing an 8800 GTS on the ASUS PTGD1-LA mobo, and it doesn't fit. The mobo power socket got in the way


I had to settle for a 7950 GT, which is good, but not as good as an 8800 X(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by shajinth02
View Post

I have windows vista ultimate edition and thinking to update to BFG GeForce 8800 GTX nVidia GeForce 8800GTX Chipset PCI-Express Graphic Card Ready Built for Windows Vista, and I have a ASUS PTGD1-LA motherboard. Is this compabile with this graphic card? If not what things do I need to update.

I briefly had Vista Ultimate installed on HP pc with same ASUS PTGD1-LA mobo and ha a XFX 7900GT gpu.... tight fit but you can actually re-position the mounting of the hdd on the cage... however in the Vista struggled somewhat so now I use this PC for watching vids and all things media, it's great for that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I have an hp mobo PTGD1-LA Grouper mobo. its has the the sockets for the pcie peg, but the peg is not there. can i take a pcie peg and just clip it on, or would it require soldering? the mobo detects the bus, but of course there is no pegslot there. i would much rather use pcie instead of a lame pci graphics card... i hope someone can help and im sorry for posting to a previous thread, im new to overclock.net... thanks for the help, ps, i know about the two versions of the mobo. one with stock pcie pegslot and one without. of course as stated above, mine does not... thanks again
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top