Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am absolutely dying trying to figure out which motherboard to get. OCN has been extremely helpful this far with so many decisions I have made.

I as initially planning to get a P6T, perhaps a P6T v2.. I am able to pickup a Rampage II Extreme for around 220 but I really don't know what I should do.. I absolutely DO NOT want to cheap out on a motherboard.. but I don't want to spend way too much and not get a whole lot of bang for my buck. I think that I'm already bottle-necking my i7920 with my 2x 8800gtx's (will be, when I build it ) so I don't want to push it to the extremes.

I'm also planning to get a 5970 and a Megahalem with a push / pull config.

Which motherboard would suit those needs the best, I'm sorry if I'm a little vague but it's bothering me so much, It's the last component I need and my old system doesn't even work properly anymore !!

Thanks so much guys and Merry Christmas

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
If you can get a REII for $220 that's what I would get. Probably more board than you want, but it's an awesome board and at that price it will be hard to beat.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Are you looking to have SATA6 and USB 3.0? If so I would say this isn't the board to get Asus P6x58D or Giagyte GA-X58A-UD7

If SATA 6 and USB 3.0 isn't in your plans then the Rampage II is a great choice

·
Registered
994 Posts
Wait, where are you getting the R2E for 220? If you can get it for that price I won't get the GENE I was planning on getting.

·
Registered
624 Posts
The RIIE is a great board but unfortunatley for me the board crapped out after a few months. Hopefully you will have better luck than me if you purchase one.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I love mine. You won't be disappointed. It has more than you will ever need in the 1366 socket platform

·
Registered
513 Posts
where can you get a R2E for $220? i wanted this board so much that i ended up buying P6T vanilla coz R2E is very expensive which is around $350 range.

·
Registered
889 Posts
for that price I would get the re2 in a heart beat lol i paid insane amounts for mine lol you wont regret that board it has options galore for ocing

·
Registered
513 Posts
yeah. it its really true that he can get it for $220 (i'm thinking 2nd hand) otherwise, take the opportunity and grab it.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockhead View Post
yeah. it its really true that he can get it for $220 (i'm thinking 2nd hand) otherwise, take the opportunity and grab it.
then I say stop thinking and grab it lol its the baddest mamma jamma board from your choices and price range

·
Registered
994 Posts
Darn, I was hoping for some super special deal online...

Looks like I'll have to settle with the gene to remain in budget

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can get it locally from a friend who owns a small pc shop. When he orders parts he sometimes takes out one or two to use and then he sells them at a discount. He's making me a deal though, he only used it for two weeks.

My only problem with asus is that my experiences kind of suck. My p5n32e-sli just died on me and I think they've discontinued any help with that line of products? Also, how is the spacing on the REII, for two big clunky 8800gtx's, i need to maximize airflow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts