Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a couple weeks ago I had a couple hard drives die or at least I thought they died. They stopped being recognized in Windows or even present and my controller did not detect anything at the start-up or in the BIOS.

I replaced these drives. Did I really just have another drive die on me? Really?

Just now one of my new drives disappeared off of My Computer. Do I have a bad SATAIII port?

On a possible unrelated note, my computer out of the blue, decides to completely stop recognizing my Zune and will refuse to sync and recognize it. Are my USB controllers going too? Am I just having 2 unrelated issues or is my Motherboard having serious issues?

I don't really care about the stupid Zune, what I care about is the HDD's. I have 2 WD 1tb Blacks plugged in through the hot swap functionality on my 800D to the SATAIII ports.

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmm... I may have them plugged in wrong, but they are both detected as 6.0 gbs at startup screen. I'm going to double check this but it makes sense how I have them plugged in now.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
How did you plug them in wrong?

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some boards have requirements that system disks be plugged into certain SATA ports on the board.

I just read the manual again and there is nothing in there that eludes to this so I have no idea what is going on.

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the Zune thing has to do with front panel USB ports. I don't know why though; there is only 1 front panel USB connection on the motherboard.

A BIOS update and an updated Marvell controller driver made it so my computer can see my drive again too... for how long though?

Edit: Nope someone elses Zune works on my MB USB ports just not mine... guess it's the Zune.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts