Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Well I purchased a P9X79D motherboard off of a guy on Kijiji, along with a 3930K. The products did not come with a receipt, and it looks like some of the pins got bent out of shape when I went to reapply the TIM on the processor, after some initial testing. I decided to bring the board into a local computer shop who said they may have been able to get the pins back in shape for a very reasonable price. Long story short, they told me the board was dead, so now I'm back in the market for another board. I've read that the RMA process from Asus is serial based, but I don't have a receipt, and now the board is confirmed dead. Is there any chance that I'll still be covered by Asus, or be able to pay a fee and get a replacement, or am I SOL? I don't really mind picking up another board as it was fine, and the problem was user created, but I'd love to be able to get a cheaper price on the board, nonetheless. So what do you guys think? Will I be able to get any help here, or will I need to go out and pick up a brand new board? Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Warranty is serial based, no receipt necessary, just submit with the RMA department
thumb.gif

• Rep+
Reactions: Zachariah

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleg33k85 View Post

Warranty is serial based, no receipt necessary, just submit with the RMA department
thumb.gif
Sweet! Thanks a lot, will send an email to RMA ASAP and see what they can do!

·
Premium Member
1,983 Posts
I hope they don't refuse you warranty. They've refused my last two mobos for reasons like the mobo got wet when it has never gotten wet. I'm getting Gigabyte motherboards now. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts