Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i recently build a new pc after a long time, and since early 2000 when i build my first pc until recently, onboard audio were always terrible options and i have always stuck to dedicated sound cards.

Fast forward to 2018 and i keep hearing good things about onboard audio competing and surpasing dedicated soundcard which left me skeptical.

now we get to my problem

current system: I7 8700k ASUS ROG HERO X ( Wifi ) ( i think its realtek 1220 sound ) 16gb ddr4 3200 14 cas gskill 512 samsung 960 pro asus gtx 1080

now i have fresh reformat pc and using asus drivers from website supreme fx which comes with sonic suite. The problem is i am receiving super low sounds which sound muddy and low volumed. I have no idea whats going on.

my questions: 1) should i be using front audio port instead? isn't back panel audio the one that has the headphone amp/+ DAC and all the goodies?

I came from asus xonar d2x and this onboard sounds extremely low to compare.

what am i doing wrong?

any info is greatly appreciated.

P.S:

I am using creative aurvana live headphones i used to use fine for years and never sound low. ( i also tried swapping for new in box one i had saved with same problems )

https://www.amazon.com/Creative-EF0060-Aurvana-Live-Headphones/dp/B000ZJZ7OA

With my old asus xonar d2x they never sound this low.

I did fresh windows install and installed chipset drivers/sata drivers/latest drivers under website support page with correct windows 10 64 bit listed. I continue to have low sound. My cousin has an asus rog hero IX and hi sound and his neighbor is not low like mine with same settings.

these are my current settings:

https://imgur.com/a/JcKtc

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have test out my speakers and they sound good but the main problem is low volume or mediocre quality when it comes to headphones. My old asus xonar d2x sound better using headphones and considering i use headphones like 90% of time this is very important for me.

I have tested a few games and unless i set amplification to maximum called extreme and max out the sound to 100% ( which sounds like 75% volume on my old xonar d2x without amps) i am just incredibly dissapointed.

anyone know any good settings for speakers or anything i can do to boost headphone volume.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Maybe try changing the amplify level from Performance to Powerful or Extreme under the SupremeFX speaker configuration options? My Asus AM4 motherboard uses the same software and that setting boosts the headphone volume to a similar level my old Creative Soundblaster Z did.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe try changing the amplify level from Performance to Powerful or Extreme under the SupremeFX speaker configuration options? My Asus AM4 motherboard uses the same software and that setting boosts the headphone volume to a similar level my old Creative Soundblaster Z did.
the problem i am having now is when setting it to extreme a lot of my games have "flat" sound effects or just don't sound as good as my old asus xonar d2x.

Whenever i plug in speakers my sound sounds amazing but headphones is underwhelming.

·
Registered
149 Posts
the problem i am having now is when setting it to extreme a lot of my games have "flat" sound effects or just don't sound as good as my old asus xonar d2x.

Whenever i plug in speakers my sound sounds amazing but headphones is underwhelming.
Damn :( I guess the onboard audio doesn't handle headphone audio as well as the Xonar. All I can suggest is maybe try playing around with the equaliser settings.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you for help.

I got to have sound loud but now discord quality from other people is extremely low. I keep playing around with settings but weird it aint good by default.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts