• SupremeFX / DTS Connect / Array Mic / Noise Filter
  • LCD Poster
  • EL I/O
  • Onboard LED
  • Onboard Switches

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
It looks so awesome, specs and aesthetically. Then.....it ends up being SLI....d'oh. Oh CF and Intel, why can't you work together!?!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Hehe, those two sure look similar.
I don't like the idea of having all those heatsinks connected together, sure it'll be better than the old stock heatsinks, but if you want to replace the NB heatsink you will have to replace everything...
And it's not going to support DDR3? not that future proof is it?
Hopefully this will be a good overclocker, but I don't think most of us will be upgrading motherboards til bearlake gets in the market.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I hope that heat pipe dont block the 4/8 pin connector near the mouse/keyboard on the Striker Extreme, look a bit tight

·
Registered
926 Posts
yep, better just wait for bearlake

·
Banned
1,195 Posts
The 680 SLi hasn't been tested yet in terms of overclockability, and I believe that Nvidia claims it will clock better than R600.

·
Banned
1,195 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by swayne View Post
who would want it its an nvidia bord peice of junk they should stick to gpus there good at that
A little biased there..

·
Premium Member
4,543 Posts
Quote:

who would want it its an nvidia bord peice of junk they should stick to gpus there good at that
On XS, some insiders said that it got a 500 FSB.

Only time will tell.

·
Banned
4,563 Posts
Quote:

humm well i guess we will have to see about this nvidia usualy seems to make some realy bad oc'in chipsets
You're fully aware that 100% of your posts are incomprehensible?

·
Banned
7,351 Posts
All that copper adds like $50 to the price lol.. I really do wonder where the hell DFI is, all of their motherboards for AM2 and C2D come like half a year after everybody else, by the time they do release something new, a new chipset comes out..

·
Premium Member
5,876 Posts
I think nVidia is pretty pissed that AMD bought ATI and is planning on using mostly ATI chipsets instead of their own. So now they have begun to shift their enthusiast platform over to Intel and are working hard to make a good overclocking chipset.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts