Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was planning on purchasing a 2nd Asus ROG Matrix from newegg real soon, but they seem to not list it anymore. They had it on open box for a while. Then the "boxed" version was out of stock. Now it's not even listed.
Does this normally happen to GPU's after so long? Would anyone happen to know if they might list it again? I'm just a little unsure buying it from amazon.com. plus I believe the ones sold on there are not the platinum editions.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
It happens sometimes. If Asus decided to stop making the Matrix 5870 Platinum(honestly I don't see how Asus making the Matrix 5870 Platinum in mass quantity like regular 5870s, most of Asus's Matrix video cards are small quantity product) then Newegg will discontinue it. The more you wait the harder it is to get these Matrix cards, it was impossible for me to find a 9800GT Matrix earlier this year.

If you want to I can sell you mine

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, well I'll just save those links, since I couldn't find them on their site. Thanks 8ight.
It's a great card. I hope they don't stop producing them.

Quote:

If you want to I can sell you mine

You have a 5870 Matrix? I might consider that.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by galaxie83
View Post

Oh, well I'll just save those links, since I couldn't find them on their site. Thanks 8ight.
It's a great card. I hope they don't stop producing them.

You have a 5870 Matrix? I might consider that.

Yup, sold my 5870 Reference and upgraded to a 5870 Matrix Platinum from Newegg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts