Overclock.net banner
721 - 740 of 754 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yep fan controls are working! @shamino1978

Any chance for updated microcode for RKL? It still seems to be on old microcode, instead of the newest one (3C).

I know it can be patched in manually and flashed with USB flashback, as long as users update their ME firmware first.
maybe next week, its kinda like a whole package kinda deal ucode , ref code , including the ABT feature and so on.

·
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱
6,463 Posts
Seems like this is verified. Reported on the Hero as well. Should be a reproducible bug.
maybe next week, its kinda like a whole package kinda deal ucode , ref code , including the ABT feature and so on.
Thanks for the input guys :)

Hi @shamino1978, Thank you for sharing 2102 bios,
I already cleared fan control issue of 2101 bios. The fan(ROG-MAXIUMS-XII-FORMULA) is working good after I flashed this 2102 bios.
Fan control is working properly for you?

·
PC Enthusiast
773 Posts
What's the benefit of using 2102 over 2004... Are there just minor updates for RocketLake or anything affecting 10th gen chips as well (like higher ReBAR compatibility for example)?
Also @shamino1978 are these bioses that you've modded yourself, or is the bios team at Asus still working on bioses for these boards?

·
Registered
422 Posts
For me (Maximus XII Formula and 10900kf) the 2102 is working very well.
No bugs to report.
I'm using the same configurations I was using in 2004 and no errors or instabilities:
By core 55x4, 54x7,x 53x10 (OCTVB_+2Boost) - [email protected], LLC#4 - Switching Frequency @800KHz -
2x16GB_RAM 4100MHz CL-18 - [email protected] - [email protected] - [email protected]@1.24v

·
Not New to Overclock.net
4,968 Posts
What's the benefit of using 2102 over 2004... Are there just minor updates for RocketLake or anything affecting 10th gen chips as well (like higher ReBAR compatibility for example)?
Also @shamino1978 are these bioses that you've modded yourself, or is the bios team at Asus still working on bioses for these boards?
i advice ppl to keep to bios 1003/1004
for 10th gen

nvidia
rebar so far only acV works without dlss. and theres only 17games. havent tried this with nvidia yet. some 3090strix .. ppl have bricked their fan curves etc running 100% etc. (not dure its the bios or ab new feature)

so i only flashed my 3080 strix since thats on z590

amd
1003/1004 works

whats the impact of these new bioses on 10th gen with oced ram ..stability is untested

·
Registered
91 Posts
i advice ppl to keep to bios 1003/1004
for 10th gen

whats the impact of these new bioses on 10th gen with oced ram ..stability is untested
For Formula:

I have tried almost all of the BETA BIOS to date. Not one has required additional vcore or other changes.

2102 specifically is the only BIOS that has had an impact on memory stability, now finally... I can reliably run all tertiary timings at 7 or less, previously many required 8-9 (especially tRDWR and tWRWR) to be bulletproof at 4133MHz, when I say bulletproof, I mean survive many reboots/power cycles and still pass long duration memory tests... Even survives said tests with Memory scrambler disabled - sure it's still pretty loose, but it's a Formula.

Also seems to have fixed my problem with the USB ports randomly dying (and requiring a re-plug) every .. 7-8 hours, that had been happening for many BIOS releases.

• Rep+
Reactions: IronAge

·
Registered
11900K - M12F - Strix 3090oc
191 Posts

• Rep+
Reactions: IronAge

·
Registered
253 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
tis here, RKL ucode 3c + abt+ xxx
Thanks, I don't notice any issues so far on my XII Hero and 11900k. Scores seemed to have consistently went up a couple % or so from the microcode.

I'm probably doing something wrong but ABT on doesn't seem to be doing anything, with MCE on, still 4.8ghz all core like with ABT off. Probably my fault missing something but doesn't matter since I just put my all core oc back on and it's been good to go.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Shamino, Thanks for sharing, I updated 2102 to 2103 bios on my XII FORMULA without any problems and It is working good.
I just wonder you have been working with ASUS team for developing or testing bios?

·
Optimal Pessimist
3,175 Posts
No problems with 2103 with a 10700k @ 5.1GHz here. memory OC stable too. I have also tried it modded with the 10700k/10900k EC microcode and that is also stable.

·
PC Enthusiast
773 Posts
If you upgrade to one of these bios from 1003, can you save your settings to a usb drive and then just load them, or does it make you put them all back in one by one due to too many things changing since then?

·
Optimal Pessimist
3,175 Posts
If you upgrade to one of these bios from 1003, can you save your settings to a usb drive and then just load them, or does it make you put them all back in one by one due to too many things changing since then?
You cannot. Your can only restore to the same BIOS version. You would have to renter them by hand. You can however save all of your settings to a text file, and then use that to aid in entering them into the new BIOS - I email the text file to my phone.

• Rep+
Reactions: Celcius

·
Registered
193 Posts

Hey @shamino1978 . When will 2103 be available for the ROG STRIX Z490-I GAMING? I have been eagerly waiting a long time. Thank you.

·
Registered
191 Posts
@shamino1978 not sure if it’s just me but the auto pcie detection needs more work. With a pcie 3.0 ribbon it fails to post when the cards a PCIE 4.

I have to either bypass my ribbon which is very painful to do as I have a custom water cooled loop or use another pcie ribbon and old pcie 3.0 vga card into the port after the flash. Experienced this with 2102 as well.

• Rep+
Reactions: owikh84

·
Registered
191 Posts
Best I can do with a stable Gear 1, 4733, 2103 on the M12 Formula with out going too yeet on voltages DR B-Die.:

I can boot 14 flat but errors within a few mins of mem test. Nor can I seem to run higher than 4500 uncore else I crash/get errors with memtest :( tried 1T CR as well but wouldn’t post even with trace cantering enabled...

14-15-15-32 is the lowest primaries I can go with my voltages for stability and can’t seem to get 5.3ghz stable with 8 cores so back to 5.2 for 7-8 active cores, 5.3 for up to 6 active cores and 5.4 ghz with 2active cores.

I’ll be adding a 3rd 360 radiator and redoing my custom loop in the next couple of weeks that should give my ram some active cooling too so will try for slightly higher voltages then... or if there’s a new bios for DR Bdie

·
DIMMolisher
80 Posts
thx - a way to get RTL lower than 42? on XII Apex neither direct input work and init RTL doesn't seem to have an effect. Ideas?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I think I found a bug in Maximus XII Formula 2102 BIOS.
Sometime "Water in" and "water out" sensors read the same value of T.Sensor.
Im my system T_Sensor read about 50C and water in and water out usually about 30C. Sometimes these 2 inputs read exact the same value of T_sensor.
I check the sensors, and the problem is not the cable or the sensor.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Maximus XII Formula BIOS 2103 seems to be OK!

721 - 740 of 754 Posts