Overclock.net banner

2641 - 2660 of 6085 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Latest BIOS appears in EZ-FLASH ... but

Replace 2010 with 2103 in the link above and you'll get the latest official release. I found it through EZ-FLASH in my BIOS, but it only got to 14% both times I tried to download it using EZ-FLASH. It didn't get to the flashing stage.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Replace 2010 with 2103 in the link above and you'll get the latest official release. I found it through EZ-FLASH in my BIOS, but it only got to 14% both times I tried to download it using EZ-FLASH. It didn't get to the flashing stage.
I was able to download it. thank you for the tip.

·
Registered
392 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Their sites are messed up, depending on the region they display different bios.

Did anyone try 2103 on CH8 WiFi?

·
Dork
79 Posts
Can anyone get there Vref (CHA/CHB) voltages above 0.68v? Dram calculator says to set it at 0.71Vbut it will not go above 0.68v. Thanks
On the C8H the cha/chb voltage works as a percentage of your DRAM voltage. So if you are running 1.4v dram then 0.68 will actually give you 0.95v for cha/chb. Took me a while to figure that out on mine.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Can anyone get there Vref (CHA/CHB) voltages above 0.68v? Dram calculator says to set it at 0.71Vbut it will not go above 0.68v. Thanks
On the C8H the cha/chb voltage works as a percentage of your DRAM voltage. So if you are running 1.4v dram then 0.68 will actually give you 0.95v for cha/chb. Took me a while to figure that out on mine.
Thanks for that much appreciated

·
Registered
38 Posts
can not apply old setting to 2103, be aware.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I see the 2103 now for the formula. Completely different agesa too, and likely the desired upgrade. 2103 is V2 PI 1.0.0.2 while that 2010 was V2 PI 1.0.0.1 patch B. was totally bad for my system/processor and is likely designed for pro processors.

Gonna give 2103 a shot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just updated BIOS to 2103. I noticed new settings: CPU Telemetry and SOC Telemetry. It seems to involve something about motherboard power reporting? Does this setting have something to do with Power Reporting Deviation that was discovered recently?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Just upgraded my non-WiFi Hero from 2010 to 2103. I like it so far. Seems, for now at least, I no longer have to manually enter VDDP/VDDG voltages at the bottom of Extreme Tweaker to avoid 8d errors on warm boots that I had to enter on 1105 and 2010 (and from what I read a few months ago people were needing to change on 1201 and 1302). So they seem to have tweaked the auto voltages again or something. Though I swear Ryzen Master is reporting the same values for them as Auto on the 2010 BIOS so maybe there was something else cause it but the fix was changing the voltages. Gonna give it a day to check for random instability etc. then put some RAM tweaks back in.

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
Just updated BIOS to 2103. I noticed new settings: CPU Telemetry and SOC Telemetry. It seems to involve something about motherboard power reporting? Does this setting have something to do with Power Reporting Deviation that was discovered recently?
It allows the user to offset both the VDDCR_CPU (CPU cores) and VDDCR_SoC telemetry that is seen by the CPU.
E.g. a positive offset of 10000mA for VDDCR_CPU will make the CPU to think it is drawing 10A higher current, than its actually drawing. A negative offset of the same magnitude will have an opposite effect.
At ±0A offset the reporting is generally extremely accurate on ASUS boards, always has been ;)

2641 - 2660 of 6085 Posts