Overclock.net banner

261 - 280 of 3079 Posts

·
AMD overclocker/developer
1,624 Posts
@1usmus ¿What values would you use for Trident Z 3600 CL15,15,15,15,35 @1,35v Samsung B-die 4x8GB on Crosshair VIII wifi? Maybe 1,38v? 1T? My rams doesn't pass the memtest... at 1,35v 15,15,15,15,35,and geardown disabled (For cl15, you know) :( when will you Calculator be ready? Please, help!!!

in the new calculator there are no changes for timings, they are similar :)
the only difference is procODT, use 36.9 in your case (take the timings from my post that I posted above)
and one more thing, forget about the existence of XMP, it is not stable

·
Well, hello there...
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Ditched the big offset, basically I'm using -0.00625v with LLC 1, drops the voltage under load but keeps the voltages higher during idle. Brought the temps up a bit, but it also brought the Cinebench scores up.

The machine passes EVERY stress test and benchmark out there including memory tests.

So I'll see what happens now when I lock the machine.

Sounds like you've got it under control now. Are stock results that much different than you have now?

Question for the Hero owners, and obviously all others as well.

Has anyone tried, or have an idea if there's any chance the C6H/C7H EK Monoblock will fit the C8H?
Just waiting for the dust to settle a bit before purchase and haven't seen this topic come up here yet.

I've contacted EK and their reply on a Monoblock for the C8H was "probably the special monoblocks for the X570 motherboards would be coming out in September 2019".

Since the Formula has a custom block, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on anything for the Hero. I seriously doubt that the older blocks would fit the C8H. Since you've already got word back from EK, seems like it'll be a while then.

So far so good with the idle clock BSOD, temps suck though, maxing out at 80c.
I ended up with a offset of -0.00625, it wouldn't let me use -0.0001

CPU Power is hitting 147w on full load during a x264 encode.

Someone mentioned about limiting power and not messing with negative offsets to lower temps, I'm just not sure how to go about that..

This post from SlimJ87D seems to explain how to keep voltages lower, but you need Ryzen Master running for that. 80c seems a bit out of control. Do you have an air cooler? You may want to consider an all in one water cooler.

why my CPU FSB is not 100?

I noticed that in all apps that show it too. My memory never quite hits the mark either. I wonder if it's a problem with the BIOS?

3533C14 Dual Rank
vDRAM 1.46
1:1 MODE

Thank you again for sharing your testing/settings with us! It's very much appreciated. :thumb:

·
Registered
288 Posts
the only difference is procODT, use 36.9 in your case (take the timings from my post that I posted above)

Thanks as always for sharing this valuable information with us, 1usmus! :thumb:

So, how's the new Calculator for Zen 2 coming along? Any ETA you can share with us at this moment? :D

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thanks, I'll try!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Are you using BIOs or Ryzen Master? I've been trying to figure out how to control the voltages with BIOs, it doesn't work.

But anyways, use this method for now: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cefwjg/ty_der8auer_for_per_ccx_oc_recommend_massive/

I'm waiting for others to start OC so we can discuss controlling VID voltages. Haven't seen anyone talk much about CCX OC here yet.

With this method, I have accomplished the following:

Ryzen Master - All VID vol
tages controlled to be below 1.325, no thermal warnings happen.
CCX0 4425
CCX1 4425
CCX2 4475
CCX3 4475

der8auer's OC tool - VID voltages spike to 1.38v-1.48v, thermal warnings happen and PC shuts off
CCX0 4425
CCX1 4425
CCX2 4450
CCX3 4450

My scores with der8auer's OC tool is actually higher because Ryzen Master sucks up resources. But Ryzen Master lets me run 4475 because it controls the VID voltages!

I CAN'T GET THE BIOS TO CONTROL THE VID VOLTAGES LIKE RYZEN MASTER DOES!

Hopefully someone here can figure it out. We'll get really nice OCs soon. We need to Overclock and Undervolt the best that we can to maximize boost because if we don't, thermal throttling occurs and these chips heat up quite rapidly due to the way they are designed.

the tool was a quick one for extreme oc testing so it sets high vid straightaway as a failsafe, not detecting if its in oc mode or not

ok you can use this version and it can specify the vid you want
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eh69lsrtxxp5gum/PCCX.rar?dl=0

or smaller version, run perccx.exe as admin
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6hx5sipepiace5/perccx0723.rar?dl=0

- Edit : ok tested these versions, (made sure vid converted)

·
Well, hello there...
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #267 (Edited)
the tool was a quick one for extreme oc testing so it sets high vid straightaway as a failsafe, not detecting if its in oc mode or not

you can use this version and it can specify the vid you want
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9kgau8jadrxmtvu/PCCX.rar?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0y32xiqjzo6gwdl/perccx0723.rar?dl=0

Thank you for posting these tools! I'm sure they'll come in handy for overclocking. +Rep Added to the 1st post.

·
Realist
376 Posts
3533C14 Dual Rank
vDRAM 1.46
1:1 MODE
Can't wait to see you manage 3733C14 on DR :D Have stabilized my DR at 3733C16 1.4V maybe some tweaks will allow tighter timings.

·
AMD overclocker/developer
1,624 Posts
Thanks as always for sharing this valuable information with us, 1usmus! :thumb:

So, how's the new Calculator for Zen 2 coming along? Any ETA you can share with us at this moment? :D
28 July :)
I'll make an announcement the other day

Can't wait to see you manage 3733C14 on DR :D Have stabilized my DR at 3733C16 1.4V maybe some tweaks will allow tighter timings.
there is no increase in productivity after 3533c14, that is, there is no point in doing even 3733с14 ... I will deal with records a little later, now I have a task - a community, a calculator and an overview

·
Registered
288 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts

there is no increase in productivity after 3533c14, that is, there is no point in doing even 3733с14 ... I will deal with records a little later, now I have a task - a community, a calculator and an overview
Thanks, Thanks, Thaaaaaanks 1Usmus!!! You are a great man!!! :D

·
Registered
288 Posts

Awesome, looking forward to all that! :)

·
OCCT Stable OCD
2,221 Posts
Sounds like you've got it under control now. Are stock results that much different than you have now?

This post from SlimJ87D seems to explain how to keep voltages lower, but you need Ryzen Master running for that. 80c seems a bit out of control. Do you have an air cooler? You may want to consider an all in one water cooler.
The benchmark results are a little higher, idle voltages don't dip under 0.5, where with the offsets I saw it dip to 0.35v.

I am running a AIO, Corsair H150i Pro 360mm in push/pull, it's side mounted in the Lian Li Dynamic.
Though I am considering top mounting the AIO and just having the side as an intake as well.
Hardware Canucks tested it in different configurations and found that as the best for the CPU by a few degrees.

CPU-Z results, the HWinfo screenshot was taken while Cinebench was doing a run, values were reset during the run to get a look at what was happening under load.
The other is AIDA64 stress test..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,296 Posts

you can use this version and it can specify the vid you want

- Edit : remove the links till i test it tomorow. might have forgotten the vid needs conversion.
That would be fantastic of you! Thank you!

·
GPU Enthusiast
2,558 Posts
So either I have a terrible 3700x, or I’m not setting some properly in the bios, but my system refuses to boot with an fclk of 1600 (when I set it to 1:1 with DDR4 3600). No issues posting with fclk ratio set to 2:1 at DDR4 3600 c14.

Is vSoC still the main voltage for IF/fclk stability or should I be adjusting vdggo (not at home to check which voltage it was again)? I’ve tried vSOC up to 1.15v so far. Haven’t adjusted Vcore or that other new voltage.

This is very frustrating coming from my z390 dark when I know this kit is capable of 4400 c17 at 1.45v. Ideas?

·
Well, hello there...
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
The benchmark results are a little higher, idle voltages don't dip under 0.5, where with the offsets I saw it dip to 0.35v.

I am running a AIO, Corsair H150i Pro 360mm in push/pull, it's side mounted in the Lian Li Dynamic.
Though I am considering top mounting the AIO and just having the side as an intake as well.
Hardware Canucks tested it in different configurations and found that as the best for the CPU by a few degrees.

CPU-Z results, the HWinfo screenshot was taken while Cinebench was doing a run, values were reset during the run to get a look at what was happening under load.

Seems to be running pretty cool. Mine gets up to 90c when running Prime95's Torture Test. If I had space for that cooler, I'd have one too. Looking good! :thumb:

Thank you for testing these out! I've added these links to the 1st post. :D

Hmm, can alone help me out ? My X570 doesn't pick up my M.2 Drive, it's a 960 m.2 drive, o tried both m.2.1 slot and m.2.2 slot.

Do you have an operating system installed or are you starting from scratch? OS installed: Computer Management | Disk Management and look for it in the list. Right click it and create a simple volume. I think that's what it is. Starting from scratch: Download Windows to a USB drive | Boot from it | Install Windows on the m.2 drive. ;)

So either I have a terrible 3700x, or I’m not setting some properly in the bios, but my system refuses to boot with an fclk of 1600 (when I set it to 1:1 with DDR4 3600). No issues posting with fclk ratio set to 2:1 at DDR4 3600 c14.

Is vSoC still the main voltage for IF/fclk stability or should I be adjusting vdggo (not at home to check which voltage it was again)? I’ve tried vSOC up to 1.15v so far. Haven’t adjusted Vcore or that other new voltage.

This is very frustrating coming from my z390 dark when I know this kit is capable of 4400 c17 at 1.45v. Ideas?

3600MHz defaults to 1:1 with a FCLK of 1800MHz. You're making it too complicated. :)

·
Registered
817 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts

Seems to be running pretty cool. Mine gets up to 90c when running Prime95's Torture Test. If I had space for that cooler, I'd have one too. Looking good! /forum/images/smilies/thumb.gif

Thank you for testing these out! I've added these links to the 1st post. /forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Hmm, can alone help me out ? My X570 doesn't pick up my M.2 Drive, it's a 960 m.2 drive, o tried both m.2.1 slot and m.2.2 slot.

Do you have an operating system installed or are you starting from scratch? OS installed: Computer Management | Disk Management and look for it in the list. Right click it and create a simple volume. I think that's what it is. Starting from scratch: Download Windows to a USB drive | Boot from it | Install Windows on the m.2 drive. /forum/images/smilies/wink.gif

So either I have a terrible 3700x, or I’️m not setting some properly in the bios, but my system refuses to boot with an fclk of 1600 (when I set it to 1:1 with DDR4 3600). No issues posting with fclk ratio set to 2:1 at DDR4 3600 c14.

Is vSoC still the main voltage for IF/fclk stability or should I be adjusting vdggo (not at home to check which voltage it was again)? I’️ve tried vSOC up to 1.15v so far. Haven’️t adjusted Vcore or that other new voltage.

3600MHz defaults to 1:1 with a FCLK of 1800MHz. You're making it too complicated. /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/QUOTE

Sorry, I should ve mention that the drive isn't picked up by the pc at all .. it doesn't show up in the bios.

261 - 280 of 3079 Posts