Overclock.net banner

2941 - 2960 of 2992 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you're cooling with air then try to reduce case temperature. If you're cooling with an AIO then pulling air from outside of the case through the rad. A difference of as little as 3*C in the ambient air might be all that's needed to get you to that 4.2GHz mark from 4.17GHz.

If you can't improve cooling then try adding just a touch of BCLK. Something like 100.4 gets that 4175 to 4191 and 100.6 gets it to 4200. Though you may find that if you're running 1900 FCLK then using 100.6 BCLK will put you at or past the edge of stability. I can't POST with anything higher than 100.6 with FCLK at 1900.
Thanks for the advice! I am on AIR, using a "dark Rock 3" for the CPU, which I think may not be best for this Ryzen 3900X due to "not optimal" mounting pressure (the instalation system is really weak for the 3 series) I would like to try a Noctua NHD15...

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Thanks for the advice! I am on AIR, using a "dark Rock 3" for the CPU, which I think may not be best for this Ryzen 3900X due to "not optimal" mounting pressure (the instalation system is really weak for the 3 series) I would like to try a Noctua NHD15...
It would be awesome if it was just a mediocre mount. That would mean you might see much a noticeable increase in performance once it's sorted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For me pbo fmax works great also on 3950x
Fmax enable, Pbo auto, Scalar 4x, 175mhz overdrive. Voltage auto. (SVI2 TFN max 1.5v)
CB20 single core - 546
CB20 multi core - 9918
Also temps much better with pbo fmax!

With 200mhz overdrive i get random reboots.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got a pretty nice uplift in performance from fmax pbo with a 3900x, thanks for sharing. Could I possibly see any performance gain if I added a negative offset, or would that break what this setting is doing? Currently have vcore on auto as recommended

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Fmax enable, Pbo auto, Scalar 4x, 175mhz overdrive. Voltage auto. (SVI2 TFN max 1.5v)
CB20 single core - 546
CB20 multi core - 9918
View attachment 2459023

3950X has factory Fmax of 4725MHz, so you're not supposed to use 175MHz or 200MHz offset anyway.
Try 75 or 100MHz.

·
Tripp-Tek
3 Posts
Does anyone have PCB pics or can anyone tell me if the M.2 slot for the wireless module is still present on the standard ROG Crosshair VIII Hero.

·
Registered
48 Posts
CB20 single core - 546
CB20 multi core - 9918
View attachment 2459023

what windows power plan u use?

edit i get random bsod when i use firefox, all benchmark programs finnish without bsod, and games work perfectly. Maybe i try add some LLC

enabled pbo fmax
pbo auto
scalar 2x
75mhz override
cpu and llc auto

·
Registered
337 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
what windows power plan u use?

edit i get random bsod when i use firefox, all benchmark programs finnish without bsod, and games work perfectly. Maybe i try add some LLC

enabled pbo fmax
pbo auto
scalar 2x
75mhz override
cpu and llc auto
I am also getting some crashes here, I was testing various settings and noticed that when I set the "CPU scalar" and "Max CPU overdrive" to "auto" the crashes are much more frequent. than lets say scalar x4 and overdrive +25 mhz

·
Registered
22 Posts
The use of only D.O.C.P doesn't mean it's running stock.
For instance, if you are using 3600MHz modules the FCLK will run 200MHz above the AMD maximum spec, when you enable D.O.C.P.
While all CPUs SHOULD be capable of 1800MHz FCLK, only the crashes at stock are worth of investigating obviously.
Hi - I took off the DOCP and it still has the randpm restarts. It's not that.
They can happen at anytime when stressed or at idle

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi - I took off the DOCP and it still has the randpm restarts. It's not that.
They can happen at anytime when stressed or at idle
I did the following and now I am running fine. Load optimal setting from BIOS and reconfigure everything by hand. Dont touch anything related to voltage except Load Line Calibration for the CPU to "level 3" and the voltage required for you memory. If you have B-die DIMMs, you can use the ASUS included profiles for now, you can tighten latencies later, whenever you are sure there are no stability problems with the CPU. I am seeing better performance yet and no crashes. Before of that I was carrying my old .CMO with my all my custom settings (bad idea).

2941 - 2960 of 2992 Posts