Overclock.net banner

3741 - 3754 of 3754 Posts

·
Registered
C8H, GSkill 3600MHz Ram, 2080ti, Full water loop
50 Posts
What's that and where do I disable it if need be?
LN2 is liquid nitrogen. The second screenshot at the top says you are in that mode.
It's a jumper, third thing from the left at bottom of board. The pin needs to be on the left two prongs to turn it off, that's how it should be by default.

·
Registered
36 Posts
LN2 is liquid nitrogen. The second screenshot at the top says you are in that mode.
It's a jumper, third thing from the left at bottom of board. The pin needs to be on the left two prongs to turn it off, that's how it should be by default.
It clearly says that it is DISABLED in that screenshot.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Yeah, any others you want? All the other settings are just stock.

Here is a better way. You can go into a setting to load a saved profile of all your bios settings. Here you can save your BIOS settings also and actually export them as a text file.

The text file will show ALL of your bios settings and those can be shared here for others to see.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone having audio issues on this board? Last night I had an issue develop where if be getting static during audio events, YouTube, gaming, video editing, windows system sounds.

What I've done so far, defaulted BIOS, flashed to 2701, pulled cmos battery, reseated everything but CPU. Reformatted windows twice, went into insider program to 20h3 or whatever the freshest windows is. Driver cleaned everything. Unplugged all USB headers, turned off all aura, defaulted everything in bios.

Swapped from my sennhesier 600s to my akg headset, no change.

Pulled my Soundblaster card out and went only with the on-board system, reformatted. No change

I bought new ram, on qvl list, corsair lpx 3200. No change. Ran only one stick of ram, better but may be placebo at this point I'm going crazy.

Bought a second 3090, gigabyte this time, no changes. Put in my old 1080ti, no change.

Someone please help I can't figure out what is causing this audio crackling/popping.

Latencymon calls out nvlddmkm.sys but two different 3090s, a 1080ti, all can't have the same problem. The literal only things i haven't changed at this point are the mobo and cpu.

My specs;
Ryzen 5900x
Asus hero viii on bios 2702
Corsair vengeance pro 3600 64gb
Corsair rm1000
Asus tuf 3090 oc
Samsung 970 evo pro m2
Samsung 850 2.5"

·
Registered
52 Posts
Anyone having audio issues on this board? Last night I had an issue develop where if be getting static during audio events, YouTube, gaming, video editing, windows system sounds.

What I've done so far, defaulted BIOS, flashed to 2701, pulled cmos battery, reseated everything but CPU. Reformatted windows twice, went into insider program to 20h3 or whatever the freshest windows is. Driver cleaned everything. Unplugged all USB headers, turned off all aura, defaulted everything in bios.

Pulled my Soundblaster card out and went only with the on-board system, reformatted. No change

I bought new ram, on qvl list, corsair lpx 3200. No change. Ran only one stick of ram, better but may be placebo at this point I'm going crazy.

Bought a second 3090, gigabyte this time, no changes. Put in my old 1080ti, no change.

Someone please help I can't figure out what is causing this audio crackling/popping.

Latencymon calls out nvlddmkm.sys but two different 3090s, a 1080ti, all can't have the same problem. The literal only things i haven't changed at this point are the mobo and cpu.

My specs;
Ryzen 5900x
Corsair rm1000
Asus tuf 3090 oc
Samsung 970 evo pro m2
Samsung 850 2.5"
Try increasing the VDDG IOD voltage by 0.25mV.

·
Registered
179 Posts

My specs;
Ryzen 5900x
Corsair rm1000
Asus tuf 3090 oc
Samsung 970 evo pro m2
Samsung 850 2.5"
Most likely a dodgy sound chip. It could be a bad earth, but since everything else is working fine, that is unlikely. I would talk to the vendor about tech support.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try increasing the VDDG IOD voltage by 0.25mV.
Increased ccd, iod, and cldo to 1.05 and soc to 1.1. Ram is at 1.35, no change.

Load level is lvl3 with current at 130%, also no change....
Most likely a dodgy sound chip. It could be a bad earth, but since everything else is working fine, that is unlikely. I would talk to the vendor about tech support.
As far as the sound chip, I've tried a dedicated pcie sound card and on-board sound. Same result, popping like wild

·
Registered
52 Posts
My PC is rebooting when resuming from S3 (sleep) since BIOS 2502.

I'm not sure if this is a BIOS behavior or a GPU behavior since I upgrade the BIOS and installed a new RTX 3080 pretty much in the same period.

Did anyone notice wake-up from sleep issues in the newer BIOS?

·
Registered
2 Posts
for the random reboots after 1302 crowd:
there are some people saying it goes away with cstates disabled, and such.
if you'all would follow the same procedure in conducting the experiment it will be easier to pin point the issue:

Step 1:
jut defaults, no docp no oc nothing:
pass/fail?
Step 2:
following from step 1, disable DF Cstates, data fabric cstate : amd cbs\nbio common options\smu common options
disable dram power down enable: dram timings
pass/fail?
Step 3:
following from step 2, disable global c states, amd cbs\cpu common options
pass/fail?

report back like so
Step 1: fail
Step 2: fail
Step 3: pass
System specs:
I'm glad I found this thread as I'm having a horrible time with random reboots lately. It seems primarily in low load states or when coming out of sleep. Not getting any bug check codes in the event viewer either.

I've been testing multiple BIOS revisions with stock settings except for enabling DOCP (I have not tried 2133 speed with no DOCP yet). However, I have had zero issues with DOCP or even higher mem OCs in the past, and my RAM passes hours and hours and multiple passes of both memtest86 and memtest pro. Before I traced this back to BIOS versions, I thought perhaps I was having a RAM issue so I do have another kit on the way but my memtest results seem to indicate the RAM itself should be absolutely fine.

From my limited testing, I encountered the highest frequency of crashes in anything 2311 or later. I've been working my way back through BIOS revisions to find a stable one and just had my first crash coming out of sleep on 2103 today.

If I have time and availability, I will follow your steps to the letter and get some test data, but I do need this machine for work so I need it to be stable. This may mean that I need to rollback all the way to 1302 for the time being.

I hope this all gets worked out soon.

Specs:
ASUS ROG x570 Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi
Ryzen 9 3900x
G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-32GTZKW - 2x16GB 3200 14-14-14-34

·
Registered
2 Posts
My PC is rebooting when resuming from S3 (sleep) since BIOS 2502.

I'm not sure if this is a BIOS behavior or a GPU behavior since I upgrade the BIOS and installed a new RTX 3080 pretty much in the same period.

Did anyone notice wake-up from sleep issues in the newer BIOS?
Exact same boat here (see my post just prior). Unfortunately, I don't have more data for you right now because I also upgraded BIOS and got everything back up to the latest when I installed my 3080 as well. Before both of these things, I was stable.

To be clear, I've also been having random reboots outside of just resuming from sleep, which seem to be tied more closely to what others are experiencing. After rolling back to 2103 though, the only crash I've had so far was coming out of sleep but it hasn't even been a full day yet since I did that.

There are a lot of variables here so it's hard for me to say for certain if this is BIOS, GPU, or something else entirely.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Exact same boat here (see my post just prior). Unfortunately, I don't have more data for you right now because I also upgraded BIOS and got everything back up to the latest when I installed my 3080 as well. Before both of these things, I was stable.

To be clear, I've also been having random reboots outside of just resuming from sleep, which seem to be tied more closely to what others are experiencing. After rolling back to 2103 though, the only crash I've had so far was coming out of sleep but it hasn't even been a full day yet since I did that.

There are a lot of variables here so it's hard for me to say for certain if this is BIOS, GPU, or something else entirely.
I don't have don't have any issues with the PC running (S0).

Crashes/reboot occur 100% of time when resuming from S3 to S0.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ok this is very annoying to me as an owner of this ROG-Crosshair-VIII-Impact ****. Who is having issues with memory timings on it with the latest bios versions ?? The beta one works fine with me but the other new pushed bios are terrible.

·
Registered
64 Posts
ROG-CROSSHAIR-VIII-IMPACT-ASUS-2402 worked fine with my 4000mhz cl16 32gb memory kit (two 16gb kits). However, I had a huge fight trying to boot with 2502 and the latest one on the site.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey guys don't get your hopes up to high. The bios 2702 changes nothing for me in regards to ram oc. Still unable to boot with ram higher than 3600 mhz, even though the ram and the board defenitely can (had it running fine with the 3900x @3800 mhz) in the meantime I found out that my cpu IF-Clock can go to 1900 mhz no problem as long as the ram stays at 3600 or lower (which ofc doesn't make sense from a performance standpoint, just for testing) good to know that my cpu sample is not completely craptastic. So my hope is that with a good bios I can finally get some ram OC going on ryzen 5000...
I have the same issue, which bios are you using now ??

3741 - 3754 of 3754 Posts