Overclock.net banner
7421 - 7440 of 7760 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I tested also 3601 and it killed my RAM overclock…
But, flashing back to 3302 didn’t solve and my RAM overclock doesn’t work anymore…
Even at stock !!
So, my RAM has an issue (Xtreem ram in sig).

Of course, I highly doubt that 3601 damaged my RAM and probably my RAM had already an issue before flashing to 3601.

So, did you retest your RAM OC with 3501 ?
i did not run Stresstests again just flashed the 3501 Bios and used my old Ram OC Profile.
Its 2x16gb Gskill 3200C15 i bought second Hand for 110$ two Years ago.Not the best B-die but 1900/[email protected] GD Mode enabled 1.41vDimm does the Job.

I have tested all Beta Bios since January and all of them worked fine with the same Ram/Voltage Settings. 3601 didnt even boot with the same Settings i put manually not loaded Profile so i went right back to 3501.
Im gonna run some Testmem again but im pretty sure its still Errorfree.BFV was running perfect for Hours

·
Registered
34 Posts
i did not run Stresstests again just flashed the 3501 Bios and used my old Ram OC Profile.
Its 2x16gb Gskill 3200C15 i bought second Hand for 110$ two Years ago.Not the best B-die but 1900/[email protected] GD Mode enabled 1.41vDimm does the Job.

I have tested all Beta Bios since January and all of them worked fine with the same Ram/Voltage Settings. 3601 didnt even boot with the same Settings i put manually not loaded Profile so i went right back to 3501.
Im gonna run some Testmem again but im pretty sure its still Errorfree.BFV was running perfect for Hours
I'm pretty certain some voltages in the 3601 BIOS are totally nerfed. It's the only way to explain some of the behaviours.

Some people were worried here about the fact these BIOSes were coming out from people based in Taiwan using gmail accounts - those who have read this forum for a while will know this is actually how Asus has worked with people on this forum over the years. :)

·
Gamer and overclocker !
2,131 Posts
I'm pretty certain some voltages in the 3601 BIOS are totally nerfed. It's the only way to explain some of the behaviours.

Some people were worried here about the fact these BIOSes were coming out from people based in Taiwan using gmail accounts - those who have read this forum for a while will know this is actually how Asus has worked with people on this forum over the years. :)
And it is strange that 3601 is not on downloadable on Asus sites for each concerned Motherboard….
Still 3501 on C8H website

·
Registered
907 Posts
The only thing I had to change with 3601 was DrvStr, raise it some, but that started already with 3501. Earlier bioses all had 20-20-20-20. All other settings are the same.

Btw, same behavior with B550-F

·
Registered
105 Posts
And it is strange that 3601 is not on downloadable on Asus sites for each concerned Motherboard….
Still 3501 on C8H website
I only download BIOS and drivers from the manufacturers website.

I had problems in the past with "outside mirrors".

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is it just mine C8DH has a problem with safe boot button? It just resets the PC without "safe" settings - can't fine-tune my mem cause every time I have to clrcmos instead of sb.
Me too, the "safe button" of my C8H just reboots but keeps unsafe configs. Worthless button.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I only download BIOS and drivers from the manufacturers website.

I had problems in the past with "outside mirrors".
It's been part of a sticky post on the Asus ROG forums for over a week now:

You can pretty much bet it would have been removed if there was an authenticity issue.

·
Registered
Ryzen 3950X > 32GB G.Skill GTZN 3600 > ROG Crosshair VIII > NVMe Rocket 1GB > Fractal Define 7 + S36
166 Posts
Unfortunately on amd platforms , bios can only revert to safe settings after psp which means memory training it has no chance to
On older boards we used to do the "akways" boot safe and reset into actual but it costs boot time to train memory twice
Thanks but if it is a matter of a few cycles to train twice, why not ?

·
Gamer and overclocker !
2,131 Posts
Deleted post

·
Registered
253 Posts
Tghe time cost is dependant on mem size, could add over >5 secs. Amds answer for safe mode is tge f9. Fail count recovery but we all knoe it hangs at different spots especially fclk

·
Registered
30 Posts
For my system bios 3302 was fully stable 3800/1900
3402 and 3501 bios throws some random whea here and there while stress testing fpu, cache and ram for stability but not a single one for normal use and gaming
3601 is a whea party with reboots after some minutes of stress testing or gaming... voltages or any other setting didn't help. @3733/1866 is 100% stable with some settings close to the edge like 24-20-20-20, [email protected] & [email protected], ProcODT 34.3...

5900X
4x8Gb b-die
C8H

·
Gamer and overclocker !
2,131 Posts
Does someone has found a way to « remove» WHEA logger 19 with fclk > 1900MHz ?

I get those WHEA's whatever the voltages, as of fclk=1933MHz.
It's a pity because despite those WHEA's, everything seems stable at 3933/1966

• Rep+
Reactions: Theo164

·
Gamer and overclocker !
2,131 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
At 1966/2000 fclk it starts to mess with usb devices turning them on/off with short system freezes.

1900/1933 just list errors but no freezes or usb issues. Just wheas in the 1000s per 30 min range.

7421 - 7440 of 7760 Posts