Overclock.net banner
7461 - 7480 of 7836 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
So are the USB dropouts people are experiencing only with PCIE4.0 video cards? I have a PCIE4.0 NVMe drive but a 3.0 graphics card. I have read that 4.0 doesn't impact current gen GPUs and setting to 3.0 would not make a difference?

Every once in a while I get a USB connect sound on windows right after logging in but assume that is one of the bloatwares for one of my devices or RGB, no issues while gaming etc.
No

·
Registered
34 Posts
Definitely the same bad bios. For me, this definitely does not work. As mentioned before, with my config I suspect the voltages being set for RAM etc are all wrong.

I’m actually annoyed ASUS even bothered to post 3601. It’s the worst release in many months. Almost as bad as the releases from late last year when the 5000 series processors were released.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's not Asus fault. Agesa / SMU code is provided by AMD

Although i agree, it's the worst bios ever...
For my system 3601 bios voltages are a mess in general...
cldo_vddp > 0.900 = no boot
vddg iod > 1.050 = no boot
vddg ccd < 0.975 = no boot
Dram @ 1.43v as always = no boot, @ 1.45v stable up to 17500% Karhu test

3302 can boot and is stable without any performance penalty with lower voltages

·
Registered
9 Posts
Definitely the same bad bios. For me, this definitely does not work. As mentioned before, with my config I suspect the voltages being set for RAM etc are all wrong.

I’m actually annoyed ASUS even bothered to post 3601. It’s the worst release in many months. Almost as bad as the releases from late last year when the 5000 series processors were released.
I've updated BIOS 2 days ago and it has been flawless so far, occasional mouse freezes are gone also, so I'm glad they bothered to publish it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've updated BIOS 2 days ago and it has been flawless so far, occasional mouse freezes are gone also, so I'm glad they bothered to publish it.
What are your RAM settings? Looking at the voltages, I can see that despite the correct target voltage, I can see my RAM voltages are low suggesting this release simply does not work with my RAM in the appropriate way.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just checked my RAM voltages as I am back on the older bios and can definitely confirm the auto-voltages are totally wrong with this new bios. For whatever reason even though the settings show it is aiming for 1.35V, with the new 3601 bios it seems to actually push out only close to 1.2V. This is definitely the reason in my case for the boot failures at DOCP.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm using 3601 still because I have noticed the mouse micro stutter is gone as well. I have manual ram voltage at 1.4 for my OC (3733 up from 3600). Confirmed stability with tests and gamming, now plan to back it down to stock 1.35v and test again. BTW the ram voltage has been spot on for me with the manual setting.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My BIOS voltage settings:
VDRAM 1.38V
SOC 1.05V
CCD 0.95V
IOD 1.00V
VDDP 0.9V
Thanks!
I don't see any excessive voltage, ram timings also acceptable (some look strange), but overall - good system. And it's stable. Interesting. I will save screen for later comparison when i complete my system.

·
Gamer and overclocker !
2,225 Posts
They put up 3602 yesterday. gonna try it out when i get home.

Also managed to snag a 5950x order yesterday, which is out of stock again already.
3602 ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah, maybe they found some small bug that only affected that particular motherboard.

Either way, I'll be staying on 3501 for now.
You are staying on the 3501 beta bios? There is no difference with the 3501 beta with this 3601? I am on 3501 beta but am not sure if I need to update to 3601 or not.

7461 - 7480 of 7836 Posts