Overclock.net banner
7721 - 7740 of 7760 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Ηi Guys!
Did you notice lower scores after flashing to the 3601 bios.
Im on 5800x and hero wifi.
So far im stable at my 24/7 profile like before but the cpu scores are lowers on every cpu bench.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks like there is a higher default vcore clocktable in this AGESA. I have also with higher negative CO Settings higher Temperatures and lower Scores than with 1.1.0.0.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Looks like there is a higher default vcore clocktable in this AGESA. I have also with higher negative CO Settings higher Temperatures and lower Scores than with 1.1.0.0.
Yes maybe its the last agesa.

·
Gamer and overclocker !
2,132 Posts
I keep the 3302.
3601 had made my RAM and CPU OC unstable.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I keep the 3302.
3601 had made my RAM and CPU OC unstable.
I was perfect with 3501 .
The only issue with the 3601 its the lower cpu scores
Rams are stable like before same voltages subs and settings
Anyway we will see the newest bios when it comes out

·
Registered
9 Posts
You realize how naive of logic that is yeah? You don't want to test it, don't d/l it, end of story.

You can just stick to d/l from their website, which is still on 3601.

An no, they don't owe you anything either. Grow up.
I strongly disagree, and will stop this conversation now. As it has run it course and I have said my peace.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Can anyone with a SN850 run a crystaldiskmark benchmark and post their results please, I've got 2 1TB's one in the slot under the cpu and other in the pcie slot. I just can't get the 4k scores as high as when I first got the drives or as high as I see others with.

What cpu and motherboard?
Higher 4k with Intel :)
Want even higher 4k rr @ qd=1?
Buy Optane 900p/905p/dc5800x 😎 300++ MB/s 4k

·
Registered
35 Posts
So I did some more testing this weekend @ 3800mhz and tried beyond, had to push voltages a little to be 100% stable under stress test. Not stable for me beyond 3800 and don't want to push voltages anymore. Getting a free 200mhz upgrade is fine with me. :) The fclk issue was definitely CPU related. It is surprising how much it can vary per chip. Thankfully this time I got one that will support 1900 +.

Just installed 3702 bios because I was bored :) Will see how it compares to 3601 after running some benchmarks etc.

·
Old to Overclock.net
347 Posts
The fclk issue was definitely CPU related. s etc.
So you guess no mass available 2000fclk then? Pure IOD lottery, that's all?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Could be wrong, but based on my readings, my own and my buddies CPUs I would guess roughly about 40-50% can reach 1900, 10% can reach 1900+, the rest is happy with 1800 or 1866.

3702 runs fine btw. on my rig (5950X, C8HW), no issues so far. I could even catch a modded version with PCH Fan options activated ;)

·
Gamer and overclocker !
2,132 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sry;) Got it from here, it's german. Download Links are always the latest.

·
Gamer and overclocker !
2,132 Posts
Some of you want to try those modded bios ? :p

·
Gamer and overclocker !
2,132 Posts
Sry;) Got it from here, it's german. Download Links are always the latest.
is there the 3302 version of this modded bios ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes it looks that way, I didn't change anything but the CPU. I actually loaded the profile I was testing 1900/1933 fclk with on 5800x that wouldn't post or would be unstable (1933). Not only did it post, it booted fine and ran basic tests no issues. I had to tweak the secondary CPU voltages for full stability but other than that works perfectly. My ram wont run clean past 3800 at stock timings so I don't plan to push it anymore. I might try to boot 3800 with 2000 flck for fun just to see. If it did I could consider faster ram down the road but I don't think it is worth it for the cost. I would rather have faster timings at 3800 honestly.

My 5900x is between silver and gold according to CTR 2.1 but it will usually crash/reboot during testing which never happened with my 5800x so I think I have a better mem controller but not as good of a CPU. My 5800x would hit 4.9 regularly just on PBO and constantly ran at 4.8 but nothing past 1833 fclk. Thankfully it sold for a decent price so the 5900x only cost me additional $200. Probably not worth it but it is a hobby. ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Could be wrong, but based on my readings, my own and my buddies CPUs I would guess roughly about 40-50% can reach 1900, 10% can reach 1900+, the rest is happy with 1800 or 1866.

3702 runs fine btw. on my rig (5950X, C8HW), no issues so far. I could even catch a modded version with PCH Fan options activated ;)
So is PCH fan noise an issue for any of you? I never hear it, actually ran HWINFO to see if it was actually spinning since it is under my graphics card. The only issue I have with it is placement because it is buried under card. It will peak at 65-70 but within spec. Considered going to a vertical GPU but then card will suffer because fans so close to glass.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Update, just tried 2000 flck, booted to windows but very sluggish (like my old CPU with 1933+). 1966 would not post and 1933 was wonky (guess it wasn't my ram after all). So it looks like my fclk limit is now 1900 vs 1833. Amazes me how much the Ram controller varies between CPUs. Thankful I lucked out to get 1900 or upgrade wouldn't have been worth it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
PCHFan is runnin

Honestly it's no issue as well for me, but it's fun to set the pchfan-speed to zero while the chipset temp still tops at max 70° :D
That makes sense, not sure why it isn't standard like all the other ASUS fan control options. It would be nice to monitor and control on a software level too.

7721 - 7740 of 7760 Posts