• Haha
Reactions: sonixmon

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Thank you!!

Any volunteers? ;)
I will wait a few days, because :)

But I will be happy to read what you experience from this new bios!

·
Gamer and overclocker !
3,038 Posts
I will wait a few days, because :)

But I will be happy to read what you experience from this new bios!
no no, do your own experience 😜

• Rep+
Reactions: sonixmon

·
Registered
1,125 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
I want to flash it now, but I'm still in the middle of my AI/ML processing, which should finish in 3.5 more days...

• Rep+
Reactions: GRABibus

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just flashed 3901, nothing to report.
The most notable feature - fTPM is now enabled by default after flashing.
Dialed all the setting manually, same scores, same latency, everything is within run to run variance.
Haven't had time to do a proper stability test but I don't think it will be necessary.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I was bored so I updated. Basically one difference noted, IOD voltage.

Cheated and loaded my fast CL14 profile I have been using. Ran a few benchmarks (within run variance). Did a quick stability test everything seems the same with limited testing.
IOD voltage did drop slightly, this was also reported on another forum in regards to MSI. This could be an AGESA thing? I have not tried to increase but it I loaded the same profile as seen in first screenshots, all settings are the same but results/reading different IOD.

Font Screenshot Electronic device Software Technology
Font Screenshot Electronic device Software Technology
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Technology
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Technology

Has the FCLK hole at 1900 been fixed? I haven't paid too much attention since BIOS 3204.
Unfortunately this seems to be an IMC issue not FW, I am running 1900 fclk but anything over has WHEA errors.

On a side note I did try my 2000 fclk profile and of course still WHEA, but I decided to put back to 3800 with same voltage settings. I managed to post Pure 1T at 3800 CL16 but it was not stable, even bios locked up. Gives me something else to play with though. This is the first time I ever posted 1TP and assume it was one or more of the high voltage settings for the 2000 fclk profile.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Has the FCLK hole at 1900 been fixed? I haven't paid too much attention since BIOS 3204.
Why are you repeating the "fclk hole" all the time(not you personally, but you as in many people)? There is no hole as far as I can tell, at least not in any bios. I have been running fclk 1900 on three Ryzen Zen 2/3 cpus using five AM4 motherboards. All of them has done it, and with all the bioses, from the first bioses, all the test bioses and to the current bioses. It looks more like your cpu doesn't cut it, as it has been reported from numerous sources that only a certain percentage of cpus will do 1900. My only Ryzen which can't do 1900 is my Zen+, but none of them did.

I wouldn't hold my breath for any "magical" bios.

• Rep+
Reactions: coelacanth

·
waiting for Driver update
6,169 Posts
The 3901 bios works fine with my OC settings which are not that much (3600mhz on 4 sticks of ram and Auto CPU with OC level 3)

however typical Asus mobo behavior the Creative sound card AE-9 was almost dead until i changed the PCi slot from the 2nd small black one to the 3rd big one and it worked fine again, Asus really hates sound cards even their own Xonar ones bcause they want you to use the Mobo's noisy sound card

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
The 3901 bios works fine with my OC settings which are not that much (3600mhz on 4 sticks of ram and Auto CPU with OC level 3)

however typical Asus mobo behavior the Creative sound card AE-9 was almost dead until i changed the PCi slot from the 2nd small black one to the 3rd big one and it worked fine again, Asus really hates sound cards even their own Xonar ones bcause they want you to use the Mobo's noisy sound card
I wouldn't say Asus has such elaborate coy scheme, there's a known bug with Ryzen and many pcie sound cards. And there's a setting for that in the bios: "PCIe Ten Bit Tag Support [Disable]". In some cases it makes the sound cards work again, I don't know if it works for all though.

The higher end Asus boards has really good onboard sound btw.

• Rep+
Reactions: noxious89123
8321 - 8340 of 11814 Posts