Overclock.net banner

561 - 580 of 594 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Did u guys install this new BIOS for Alpha ? what is this Aura and Fan control improvement ?

Did they add finaly epansion card support to bios ?
I finally flashed the latest BIOS (1303) on my Zenith II Extreme Alpha. I have noticed no differences so far, especially in regards to the fan control. ASUS still has not added support for the Fan Extension Card II in the BIOS.

I have modified the 1303 BIOS to support the Fan Extension Card II. I have only provided an archive containing the modified BIOS for the USB BIOS Flashback method. If you want to use the DOS based flashrom method instead, please refer to post #473.

Zenith II Extreme Alpha Modified BIOS 1303 (USB BIOS Flashback): Z2EA-1303-MODIFIED.zip

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is what i have

G.Skill G.Skill Trident Z RGB 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4-3600 PC4-28800 CL18 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit F4-360018D-64GTZR - Black

If it is not too much trouble, may I request for you or anyone running with 256Gb DDR3600MHz to run ZenTimmings so that I can verify and copy the settings to test out?

I am running with this settings stable with no issues at 128GB. Would like to have a 256GB for the comparision.

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi People, Question, I have bought this board with a 3960x and RTX 3090, I have finished the bulid, but now the video/display doesn’t work and I get the error/code/Message “Test CMOS” in led display , the rtx3090 was running in my previous pc, also I have tried with another GPU with same result. I have tried with clear_bios button, but... same code “test cmos”, Anyone know about this code ?, I haven’t find post about it in internet.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi People, Question, I have bought this board with a 3960x and RTX 3090, I have finished the bulid, but now the video/display doesn’t work and I get the error/code/Message “Test CMOS” in led display , the rtx3090 was running in my previous pc, also I have tried with another GPU with same result. I have tried with clear_bios button, but... same code “test cmos”, Anyone know about this code ?, I haven’t find post about it in internet.
Tried maybe doing a BIOS reflash? I think you can do without a full post via the flashback port. Try to get to the latest one and see if that does it.
Also make sure the CPU is properly seated. That might be it as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tried maybe doing a BIOS reflash? I think you can do without a full post via the flashback port. Try to get to the latest one and see if that does it.
Also make sure the CPU is properly seated. That might be it as well.
Yes, I had already tried this with flashback port, same code result....
Previous code before ‘test cmos’ is 90, I dont know if it is indicative, also I checked removing all nvme disks and usb devices , same code.
Along with this, white led from qled display keep stay on but I have checked with up to two gpu and difference pcie slots with same result..:0090 last code and after it go to ‘test cmos’

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yes, I had already tried this with flashback port, same code result....
Previous code before ‘test cmos’ is 90, I dont know if it is indicative, also I checked removing all nvme disks and usb devices , same code.
Along with this, white led from qled display keep stay on but I have checked with up to two gpu and difference pcie slots with same result..:0090 last code and after it go to ‘test cmos’

Q-Code 90 is Boot Device Selection (BDS) phase is started. However, a white Q-LED indicates a VGA problem.

Have you tried to reseat the memory and CPU? Also how many memory modules do you have installed and what is the size of each memory module?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Q-Code 90 is Boot Device Selection (BDS) phase is started. However, a white Q-LED indicates a VGA problem.

Have you tried to reseat the memory and CPU? Also how many memory modules do you have installed and what is the size of each memory module?
I have 8 modules , 8gb each, gskill 3200 samsung b-die, These modules was working in my other pc, 1st zenith gen.with a 2920x .
About 90 qcode, really it dont stay in the display, display stay in ‘test cmos’, but 90 is the previous code before ‘test cmos’

·
The IT guy...
429 Posts
I have 8 modules , 8gb each, gskill 3200 samsung b-die, These modules was working in my other pc, 1st zenith gen.with a 2920x .
About 90 qcode, really it dont stay in the display, display stay in ‘test cmos’, but 90 is the previous code before ‘test cmos’

Have you tried switching to the second BIOS?

·
Registered
157 Posts

You could try booting with one memory module in the slot recommended by the manual. If that works, continue to add one memory module at a time in the order specified in the manual. If the motherboard fails to POST with a single memory module or while adding one memory module at a time, try reseating the CPU. While reseating the CPU, check for any bent pins. Then repeat this process once more.

The "Test CMOS" message displayed on the OLED display is just a user-friendly message for current POST stage. The "Test CMOS" message is a common message in my experiences with the Zenith II Extreme Alpha, especially on a failed memory overclock or with incorrect firmware settings. The POST code displayed prior the user-friendly message is the actual failing code.

Any displayed POST codes can be referenced in the user manual.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Update ....the problem was the CPU, 3960x, It was new but was died, I have check with a new 3970x and it boot ok.
Now I have another problem, I have installed Windows and configurated some settings in bios without problem, but now....although windows boot ok, I cant’t enter in bios menu, when I press F2 or DEL, I only can see:
IMG_3351.jpg

Anyone knows about it ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Update ....the problem was the CPU, 3960x, It was new but was died, I have check with a new 3970x and it boot ok.
Now I have another problem, I have installed Windows and configurated some settings in bios without problem, but now....although windows boot ok, I cant’t enter in bios menu, when I press F2 or DEL, I only can see:
View attachment 2472655

Anyone knows about it ?

Update....I have a hyper m2 gen4 card from ASUS with 4 nvme disks, Its happen when I active the options nvme to raid and pcie3 slot to pcie raid. Now I know the problem, no like solve it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Update....I have a hyper m2 gen4 card from ASUS with 4 nvme disks, Its happen when I active the options nvme to raid and pcie3 slot to pcie raid. Now I know the problem, no like solve it.

Weird! I run the same stuff and have no issues!

·
The IT guy...
429 Posts
Hey guys, there is a new beta BIOS for the Z2E and the Z2EA that supports the Resizable BAR feature plus some RAM optimizations (according to the changelog)
Any brave souls to try it out? :)

Z2EA BETA BIOS 1402
Z2E BETA BIOS 1402

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #577
Hey guys, there is a new beta BIOS for the Z2E and the Z2EA that supports the Resizable BAR feature plus some RAM optimizations (according to the changelog)
Any brave souls to try it out? :)

Z2EA BETA BIOS 1402
Z2E BETA BIOS 1402
Been using this for couple days now in my workstation, zero issues so far.
That being said, never had any issues to begin with.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Took a break and flashed and running fine on Z2EA with 3990x and 256gb of RAM.
Still in linux so have not had a chance to jump back to windows and benchmark it.

Seems fine

View attachment 2475322
Been using this for couple days now in my workstation, zero issues so far.
That being said, never had any issues to begin with.
Has ASUS enabled support for the Fan Extension Card II in the 1402 BIOS?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have modified the 1402 BIOS to support the Fan Extension Card II. I have only provided an archive containing the modified BIOS for USB BIOS Flashback. If you prefer to use the DOS based flashrom utility instead, please refer to post #473.

Please note: I can't test the modified BIOS on the Zenith II Extreme motherboard as I do not own that motherboard. Use either BIOS at your own risk.

Zenith II Extreme Alpha Modified BIOS 1402 (USB BIOS Flashback): Z2EA-1402-MODIFIED.zip

Zenith II Extreme Modified BIOS 1402 (USB BIOS Flashback): Z2E-1402-MODIFIED.zip

• Rep+
Reactions: OrionBG
561 - 580 of 594 Posts