Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a FX-8320 and Asrock 970 extreme3 r2.0 mobo but I think before I get settled into my system to start editing after research i think i want a better motherboard. I obtained the mobo for $30 in a bundle so I wont feel at lost for not using it. I was wondering if the CVF would give greater advantage performance-wise in video editing and compositing then the sabertooth. I will not be overclocking or much gaming but I definitely need more SATA ports. I will have 16gigs of RAM and a silicon power SSD 120g for OS and Adobe CC with my 2TB WD caviar green drive for footage. are there any other AMD mobos that can use a M.2 drive?

·
Registered
476 Posts
What improvements are you expecting? If what you need is more SATA, then get the board with the number of SATA ports that you need. The video pipeline and RAM pipelines are going to be similar between both the Sabertooth and the Crosshair V, so the processing difference isn't going to be much if any at stock. The Crosshair may be able to achieve a better overall OC which would affect performance, but you'll put in a lot of effort to see the two boards vary drastically in performance. Overall, absent serious OC'ing, go with the Sabertooth, it's cheaper.

The ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer supports M.2. But you don't get as many SATA ports as the other boards.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need to be able to transfer information quickly like dumping anywhere from 30 to 100 gbs of data from drives or SD cards to my system. I also need adobe CC to operate smoothly mainly after effects and adobe premiere. I film music videos so im using sometimes up to 11 layers of video clips full of effects and transitions and lastly my rendering speeds. On my old machine the quad core athlon ii I had a 2 layer hour and 45 min movie took 6 hours to render I have a 2gb GTX 650 GPU so im sure that would help the that in the new machine with the FX8320 I just want the whole system to not have any bottlenecks in the flow of operations. I may switch over to intel at a future date but for $550 i feel like it should do the trick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts