Overclock.net banner
201 - 220 of 854 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Community, i have 2 question maybe someone will be able to answer me.
First - some my pc is starting with very low cpu clock, about 0,5-0,8 ghz, its one on maybe 15 runs, any one have same problem?
Second - where in bios i can find option to disable power in usb, i notice that when i turn off pc, and i move mouse or keyboard they are staring be 'active' and some diode in mouse and light in keyboard is turning on.

Thanks for any suggest here.

Regards.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Not possible to disable the CPU Spread Spectrum, right?
I hate FCLK at 99.80
What fixed that on my CH7 was changing from DOCP to Manual.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Is anyone here running a 2700X or 2000 series CPU in this board?

I built a system for my sister with my old 2700X in it using this board and some G.Skill RipJaws V 3600C16 (16-19-19-19-39-58) 2X8GB Hynix DJR. I tried for a while to get XMP/DOCP to run without errors (checking with TM5) and I couldn't. So I backed it down to 3400MHz as I was working on it at her house and wanted to get out of her hair.

What I'm assuming is the board is capable of running that RAM speed and I ran my b-die kit at 3600 14-15-14-14 on my CH7 with that 2700X. That makes me think the kit needs some special sauce to run without errors.

Anyone have any ideas?

The BIOS is 1404.

Edit:
Wait, I just read the post above this one and it said 1404 introduced DOCP problems? Can someone tell me what those problems are?

·
Registered
121 Posts
New Bios available

Until a few days ago, the most recent Bios was 1405. The most recent one, now, is 1407 - available from the ASUS site. Upgrade is easy. I am using it now - seems fine, but 1405 was fine for me (3900x, 64 GB ram).

Best,

Joe

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Got my system up and running with water cooling finally. Updated BIOS from 1201 to 1407, loaded my profile 1 (just stock and XMP timings) and it just black screened multiple times. Thankfully I added a little power switch to the CMOS jumper that hangs out the back of the desk so no opening the desk just to reset CMOS. Loaded DOCP and Ignored all fan sensors, working fine now.

No idea if temps are in line with other custom water systems, I'm really new to Ryzen and it seems to be a whole other beast from FX or Haswell. 69-70C in Cinebench R20 and 70-74C in CPU-z stress on stock settings. Added some thermal probes to the backside of the VRM and a RAM module which hover in the 28-30C range.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a few issues (lock-ups etc on 1405, Updated to 1407

No issues yet. I did have to reset bios values a few times before the system booted

Attachments

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Got my system up and running with water cooling finally. Updated BIOS from 1201 to 1407, loaded my profile 1 (just stock and XMP timings) and it just black screened multiple times. Thankfully I added a little power switch to the CMOS jumper that hangs out the back of the desk so no opening the desk just to reset CMOS. Loaded DOCP and Ignored all fan sensors, working fine now.

No idea if temps are in line with other custom water systems, I'm really new to Ryzen and it seems to be a whole other beast from FX or Haswell. 69-70C in Cinebench R20 and 70-74C in CPU-z stress on stock settings. Added some thermal probes to the backside of the VRM and a RAM module which hover in the 28-30C range.
When I use the EDC bug my CB15 runs are at around a 42 multiplier and runs a little hotter than if I set a higher fixed multiplier. The voltages are similar, but I never checked amperage. I wanna say it's the startup voltages -- those quick, higher bursts at the beginning of a load. What is the ambient temp in the room?

And I'm digging that jumper hack.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
When I use the EDC bug my CB15 runs are at around a 42 multiplier and runs a little hotter than if I set a higher fixed multiplier. The voltages are similar, but I never checked amperage. I wanna say it's the startup voltages -- those quick, higher bursts at the beginning of a load. What is the ambient temp in the room?

And I'm digging that jumper hack.

Ambient was probably around 80F. We had a cold front come through so now it's more like 75F. Water temp was around 30-31C in those tests. Chipset is on water too and hangs around 40C. I left the stock thermal pad on it which kind of got torn up during install but I was too lazy to remount the block and use thermal paste. I can live with 40C on chipset.

Power switch on CMOS jumper is nice indeed. It's a major PITA to open the desk to do maintenance, any maintenance.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Ambient was probably around 80F. We had a cold front come through so now it's more like 75F. Water temp was around 30-31C in those tests. Chipset is on water too and hangs around 40C. I left the stock thermal pad on it which kind of got torn up during install but I was too lazy to remount the block and use thermal paste. I can live with 40C on chipset.

Power switch on CMOS jumper is nice indeed. It's a major PITA to open the desk to do maintenance, any maintenance.
Those temps seem decent with an 80*F ambient room temp.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hi all,
For the gurus out here with a 3700X I have a question. I just pulled the trigger on the TUF, a 3700X and a 16GB DDR4 4133Mhz CL18(Team T-Force Xtreem). Now I am new to AMD and want to get the best bang for buck performance of these components for my new build, and I have no idea if I should just set XMP and forget it or try to lower the frequency and tighten the timmings on the ram to get the lowest latency. I don't know too much about FCLK I keep hearing about and now I'm worried that I ordered too fast a kit for the 3700X.

Your input is much appreciated. Cheers

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi all,
For the gurus out here with a 3700X I have a question. I just pulled the trigger on the TUF, a 3700X and a 16GB DDR4 4133Mhz CL18(Team T-Force Xtreem). Now I am new to AMD and want to get the best bang for buck performance of these components for my new build, and I have no idea if I should just set XMP and forget it or try to lower the frequency and tighten the timmings on the ram to get the lowest latency. I don't know too much about FCLK I keep hearing about and now I'm worried that I ordered too fast a kit for the 3700X.

Your input is much appreciated. Cheers
You'll want to start your research with Typhoon Burner and Dram calculator if you are trying to optimize your memory. Typically this is 3600 @ 1800 Fclk & 3800 @ 1900 Fclk.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Can any one give some feedback on the latest 1407 bios? How is it running for you? Any issues? Have your disabled spread spectrum without any problems?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Can any one give some feedback on the latest 1407 bios? How is it running for you? Any issues? Have your disabled spread spectrum without any problems?
Which bios is running best for most people right now? So when I get my TUF I don't update to the latest one. I'll be putting in a 3700X

·
I Love this Hobby!
7,829 Posts
I'm on 1405 and it's working great with my 3700X, 3600MHz RAM, M.2 Gen4 and 5700 XT.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I switched to 1407 after a few days. No issues that are causing problems, so far. I do love the fact that we can now kill spread spectrum (disabled without issue) and have an adjustable BCLK. Now if I can just take some time to work on memory timings to get just a bit lower latency!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I updated to BIOS 1407 and the instability is back. I get no video signal after 3 hours or so.

Maybe it is my 3600Mhz memory or maxxed out 6x SATA and 2x M.2 Drives?

I have dropped back to 2133Mhz/memory and the system is stable. Looks like my 3600Mhz memory is not liking 1407 BIOS. Time to mem test

·
Registered
103 Posts
I updated to BIOS 1407 and the instability is back. I get no video signal after 3 hours or so.

Maybe it is my 3600Mhz memory or maxxed out 6x SATA and 2x M.2 Drives?

I have dropped back to 2133Mhz/memory and the system is stable. Looks like my 3600Mhz memory is not liking 1407 BIOS. Time to mem test
I have same setup 2 x m2 and 3 ssd, 2 hd with G.skill 3600 32gb and no problem except one annoying rgb problem. When my windows sleep the ram led is still on.I already changed bios to C4 and kept aura off but this led is still on.

201 - 220 of 854 Posts