Overclock.net banner

421 - 440 of 480 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
FYI - I am using 21.90.2.1 BT driver, and 21.90.2.3 Wifi driver from Intel. Of course, it may be different for you, depending on what adapter you are using. If Intel, you can check their site.

J

·
Registered
80 Posts
Does your Wifi/BT have an external antenna? THe one that came with my board had one - as did the new combo device. Perhaps you have a bad antenna, or a bad connection to the antenna. Just a thought..
J
Yes. As a matter of fact it does. I disabled on board WIFI cause I'm a hard LAN kinda guy........ and because I knew I was never going use the WIFI on my board for internet content, I disabled it and never even bothered to plug in the antenna.

To be clear: Are you telling me they are BOTH related / connected? Because in my head, BT is BT and Wifi is whole other thing......

Why else would you be able to disable or enable BT / WIfi in the bios? They are 2 seperate entities, no? So you're telling me to hook up that antenna, turn on BT and wifi (?) in bios and give it another shot??? Ok.....but my understanding was that the WIFI antenna was strictly for WIFI ..... so, I'm confused here.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Read the test I did—yes they both use same antenna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. I saw that. So, to be perfectly clear: I'm flat out wrong. > Attach the antenna as designed and enable......???......BT (only?) in Bios, or Both BT And WIFI?

If you know this stuff is in the manual, please feel free to rub it my face. > RTFM lol. But.....yeah?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would try connecting the antenna and enabling both - if it works, you can disable the wifi and see if it still works. Just because you enable the wifi doesn't mean you have to use it.. I would also check to see if you have the most recent BT driver, though I doubt your problem is driver-related.
J

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
The WiFi module is a plug-in module on the board that has two antenna ports. Both antenna ports are used for WiFi, but the module multiplexes the Bluetooth signal on to one of the ports. So you must have the antenna connected for proper Bluetooth functionality.

Personally, I found the "Sharkfin" antenna to be really annoying. So I replaced it with two of these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-pack-RP-SMA-Antenna-WiFi-2-4GHz-5Ghz-Wireless-Router-2x-35cm-U-fl-IPEX-Cable/123750440122?hash=item1cd019dcba:g:LVEAAOSw01pdTUKW

If you want even more range, you can use something like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-9dBi-RP-SMA-Dual-Band-2-4GHz-5GHz-High-Gain-WiFi-Router-Wireless-Tilt-Antenna/143569341651?_trkparms=aid=1110012&algo=SPLICE.SOIPOST&ao=1&asc=228094&meid=b3b0fb102f8b4616b6f9b84b9b99a223&pid=100008&rk=1&rkt=12&sd=123750440122&itm=143569341651&pmt=1&noa=0&pg=2047675&algv=PromotedSellersOtherItemsV2WithMLR&_trksid=p2047675.c100008.m2219

·
Professional lurker
26 Posts
Hey guys, is anybody here running the 1600AF on this board?
I'm currently on BIOS 1407, but I'm afraid to upgrade and lose support for the AF (I don't have any other CPU(s) whatsoever).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Can Asus TUF boards (x570) also make use of the Armory Crate app and the Aura creator? or is this only reserved for the ROG Strix models?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Certainly Armoury Crate is compatible- I have run it. I do not know about Aura Creator. Since I am not into the pretty lights, I have turned that stuff off as much as possible.
Best,
J

·
Registered
25 Posts
Certainly Armoury Crate is compatible- I have run it. I do not know about Aura Creator. Since I am not into the pretty lights, I have turned that stuff off as much as possible.
Best,
J

Thanks for the reply. Im pretty sure it will work how I want then!

Got another question tho; Does asus by now allow a semi passive chipset fan operation (the small fan on Southbridge)? It wasnt in the bios on launch afaik.. has that been updated?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by semi-passive. Mine came with a chipset fan in place. There are controls for multiple fans in the bios - and you can set their speed regulation as you like - for quieter or more aggressive ramp up with CPU temp. Not sure how chipset fan is regulated, but it does seem to be regulated based on temp.

J

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by semi-passive. Mine came with a chipset fan in place. There are controls for multiple fans in the bios - and you can set their speed regulation as you like - for quieter or more aggressive ramp up with CPU temp. Not sure how chipset fan is regulated, but it does seem to be regulated based on temp.

J
I mean ie that the PCH (chipset) fan doesnt spin below 60c. Other board manufs allow it. Wondering if Asus had it updated, since all the (launch) reviews shows their x570 doesnt allow it.

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts
I mean ie that the PCH (chipset) fan doesnt spin below 60c. Other board manufs allow it. Wondering if Asus had it updated, since all the (launch) reviews shows their x570 doesnt allow it.
Mine starts spinning at 55-56 degrees celcius.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine spins at ~3000 all the time.
PCH fan spins up at 56°C... and it spins up in steps... 400,1000, 1500, and 3000 (might be a few more in there). I am pretty sure sure 3000 RPM is for >60°C

If yours is always spinning at 3000 then your chipset is always >60°C. If you have a graphics card that blocks the PCH fan (like I do) disabling zero RPM mode for the
graphics card can help with temps. I stumbled upon this by accident, but it works.

QB

·
Registered
36 Posts
You are absolutely right! I increased graphics card fan minimum to 60% (still not loud enough to be annoying), and pch temp came down into 50's, and its fan speed dropped to about 1800. Furthermore, pch temp and fan speed stay down when CPU is stressed (e,g, Cinebench 20). Good tip! Of course, I could move my graphics card, but that would put it right over my PCI 4.0 SSD.
Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Can Asus TUF boards (x570) also make use of the Armory Crate app and the Aura creator? or is this only reserved for the ROG Strix models?
Just to answer the question.

Attachments

421 - 440 of 480 Posts