Overclock.net banner

461 - 480 of 480 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
update at last bios version and cannot take ram at 3800 cl15 like as last bios.
Bad bios version

·
Registered
2 Posts
Newbie Questions : X570-PLUS with Ryzen 5 3400G

Hello,
I just built my first PC.
ASUS X570-PLUS with a Ryzen 5 3400G processor. 16Gb of Corsair RAM and an M.2 drive.
All in a Thermaltake 200 RGB case.
So far all seems ok.

But I'm a bit confused about a coupla things and I have one odd problem.

The odd problem first..
I have two monitors plugged in .. one on the displayport connection on the MB .. its a HP ZR2740w
and a dell 24 inch led on the hdmi port on the MB.
The problem is that sometimes when the system wakes up from Sleep or the screensaver.. the HP monitor won't come back up.
Its just a black screen.. and the machine is acting as it would if the screen was functional...

Ok, then the things I'm confused about..
The flashing red led... in the case.. there is a red flashing light.. appears to be on the back of the MB.. behind the fan near the M.2 drive...
Is this just for effect or do I have a problem?? Looking at the display on the radeon software I see the current temp is fluctuating between 41C and 52C.

Fan control ?
There was an odd lookin app running on the desktop that was allowing me to turn the fans up and down..but not I seem to have managed to close it.. anyone know what that was and how I restart it?

Drivers...
the AMD Radeon software tells me the drivers are up to date..
But the Armoury Crate tells me the AMD Graphics driver is out of date...
So.. which one do I believe?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello,
I just built my first PC.
ASUS X570-PLUS with a Ryzen 5 3400G processor. 16Gb of Corsair RAM and an M.2 drive.
All in a Thermaltake 200 RGB case.
So far all seems ok.

But I'm a bit confused about a coupla things and I have one odd problem.

The odd problem first..
I have two monitors plugged in .. one on the displayport connection on the MB .. its a HP ZR2740w
and a dell 24 inch led on the hdmi port on the MB.
The problem is that sometimes when the system wakes up from Sleep or the screensaver.. the HP monitor won't come back up.
Its just a black screen.. and the machine is acting as it would if the screen was functional...

Ok, then the things I'm confused about..
The flashing red led... in the case.. there is a red flashing light.. appears to be on the back of the MB.. behind the fan near the M.2 drive...
Is this just for effect or do I have a problem?? Looking at the display on the radeon software I see the current temp is fluctuating between 41C and 52C.

Fan control ?
There was an odd lookin app running on the desktop that was allowing me to turn the fans up and down..but not I seem to have managed to close it.. anyone know what that was and how I restart it?

Drivers...
the AMD Radeon software tells me the drivers are up to date..
But the Armoury Crate tells me the AMD Graphics driver is out of date...
So.. which one do I believe?

Thanks in advance...
A couple of hints to get you started:
In order to find out about all your temps and clocks, etc, get a copy of HWINFO64 (it's free). Sensors will provide more3 information than you know what to do with.
I suspect the Radeon (AMD) temps are from the video card
You can get chipset driver from AMD site, here: https://www.amd.com/en/support - you can also get most recent Radeon video drivers there.
You can get ASUS bios here: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/TUF-GAMING-X570-PLUS-WI-FI/HelpDesk_BIOS/ Most recent version is 2607. I am using it and have not had any problems. Some others who are overclocking have reverted to earlier versions. Updating bios is easy - described in the MB manual.
Fans on video card are usually controlled by the video card software (probably the program you saw. It might be listed under the name of the video card manufacturer (e.g. EVGA, ASUS,...). Fans on the motherboard are controlled from the monitor page in the bios. Lots of other interesting settings in the bios. I tend to like to change things there rather than in the Ryzen Master program. Lots and lots of information on this forum. Happy reading.

Joe

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Joe,
Its very nice of you to take the time to reply.
There's just so many different things to look at .. gets overwhelming.
But I've done as you suggested and updated the Bios anyway.. now will install Ryzen Master and see what it might tell me..
That HWINFO thing is .. ehh.. confusing.. heh heh..

Anyway, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi there

I'm here trying to help my friend who is not very good at english.
He has x570 TUF Gaming and just update the BIOS to 2607 which basically disabled his RAM OC. Was happly runing 3733 cl14 with G. Skill B-die Trident Z kit (F4-3200C14D-16GTZ) but now is strugling to make xmp stable 3200 cl14.

So He decided to rollback BIOS but there is a problem. When he is trying standard update with older BIOS, system is telling him that the new BIOS is inappropriate.

Is there some special way to do it on ASUS x570 motherboards?

I'am not familiar with this problem because on my x570 Gigabyte I just update bios with whatever file I want and it just happens.

HALP O_O

·
Registered
36 Posts
Simplest way to update the bios is to use the EZFlash function from the bios, as described starting on page 3-20 of the MB manual. Make sure the bios is unzipped (should have an extension of .cap). If he puts the bios in the root directory of his hard disk, it will be easy to find from the flasher. Putting a couple of versions there makes it easy to reboot and flash another one if there are problems. That should work.
Joe

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there

I'm here trying to help my friend who is not very good at english.
He has x570 TUF Gaming and just update the BIOS to 2607 which basically disabled his RAM OC. Was happly runing 3733 cl14 with G. Skill B-die Trident Z kit (F4-3200C14D-16GTZ) but now is strugling to make xmp stable 3200 cl14.

So He decided to rollback BIOS but there is a problem. When he is trying standard update with older BIOS, system is telling him that the new BIOS is inappropriate.

Is there some special way to do it on ASUS x570 motherboards?

I'am not familiar with this problem because on my x570 Gigabyte I just update bios with whatever file I want and it just happens.

HALP O_O
If he's on 2607, then re-set the bios. Turn of power, and short the two bios reset jumpers using a screwdriver (It's at the bottom right next to the 90 degree sata ports).

Turn on power, by then the bios itself will tell you to enter settings. Delete all saved profiles, reboot. Then enter bios and fine tune it to your liking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I have issues with overclocking the memory on my x570-plus motherboard. Surely, people smarter than I am know the answer...

Setup:
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS, BIOS 1201
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
4 x 16 GB PC4-17000 DDR4 SDRAM G Skill F4-3200C16-16GIS

Recently, I upgraded my PC with additional 2 banks of memory, ending up with 64GB of RAM total. Before, with only 2 banks I was able to run my RAM at 3200 MHz speed by applying DOCP profile in BIOS.

After adding 2 additional banks, the DOCP profile no longer works, memory runs at 2132 MHz speed even though the profile is configured in BIOS. I tried using the Typhon Burner + DRAM Calculator for Ryzen to figure out proper memory timings and voltage.

However, system fails at POST after applying the custom timings (14-17-18-17-36), not even mentioning other settings listed in DRAM Calc.

Any idea how could I achieve 3200 MHz again?

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi,
I have issues with overclocking the memory on my x570-plus motherboard. Surely, people smarter than I am know the answer...

Setup:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

Recently, I upgraded my PC with additional 2 banks of memory, ending up with 64GB of RAM total. Before, with only 2 banks I was able to run my RAM at 3200 MHz speed by applying DOCP profile in BIOS.

After adding 2 additional banks, the DOCP profile no longer works, memory runs at 2132 MHz speed even though the profile is configured in BIOS. I tried using the Typhon Burner + DRAM Calculator for Ryzen to figure out proper memory timings and voltage.

However, system fails at POST after applying the custom timings (14-17-18-17-36), not even mentioning other settings listed in DRAM Calc.

Your bios is fairly old. Current bios for this board (https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/TUF-GAMING-X570-PLUS-WI-FI/HelpDesk_BIOS/ ) is 2607, which has worked well for me. However, you could try an earlier one. A couple of caveats: Check to be sure you don't need to go to an intermediate bios; and - very important - record all your settings and go to "optimized settings before updating. Profiles do not translate well from one version to another. You might also check to see if your chipset drivers are up to date (AMD is best source (https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570 )
Good luck, and keep us posted.

Joe

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

Setup:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

odd nickname

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi,

Setup:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

I found your problem. The ram you listed in your specs is not on the Asus Memory QVL. (that I could find) ....... furthermore, if you download the memory qvl notice to the far right in the drop description. "4 dim" ....... you will find very few 4 stick combos that actually AMD says "Ok, it works with 4 dims" ......... and those ram sets are identified if you will follow down the line of that "4 dim" slot option and work your way down until you find a star symbol > * .... which indicates, YES, it will work with 4 sticks of THIS ram....... then move left and find out what model that ram is. Good luck.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I found your problem. The ram you listed in your specs is not on the Asus Memory QVL. (that I could find) ....... furthermore, if you download the memory qvl notice to the far right in the drop description. "4 dim" ....... you will find very few 4 stick combos that actually AMD says "Ok, it works with 4 dims" ......... and those ram sets are identified if you will follow down the line of that "4 dim" slot option and work your way down until you find a star symbol > * .... which indicates, YES, it will work with 4 sticks of THIS ram....... then move left and find out what model that ram is. Good luck.
QVL lists are notorious for not being updated. I've used sticks on mobos without being on QVL lists & haven't had a problem, even with some OC. Of course everyone's situation will be different & there are no guarantees. PanZwu1 should update his bios asap. Often 'system stability' issues & RAM compatibility problems are mostly dealt with.

·
Not new to OC.net
32 Posts
Anybody know where this is in the new August 2020 BIOS settings? Whoa to this new forum . . . How do I search this thread even. I don't like the new forum.

PPC Adjustment = PState 0

If it's there I don't know where or how to enable the function. I think on the Crosshair it is under AMD CBS > Zen Common Options but I don't see it on the Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wifi).

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Not sure this board has any P State adjustments but I honestly haven't rooted around in the BIOS much.

·
Not new to OC.net
32 Posts
CPPC Preferred Cores = Enabled
AMD Cool'n'Quiet = Enabled
PPC Adjustment = PState 0
Did you ever find the PPC Adjustment ? In the Crosshair VIII it is under AMD CBS > Zen Common Options. It doesn't seem to be included in the TUF X570? Maybe it's hidden somewhere else? I don't think so. The CPPC option they added in July. AMD Cool'n'Quiet is deprecated. To my knowledge, the whole OC procedure is INVALID without this: PPC Adjustment = PState 0

·
Registered
349 Posts
Did you ever find the PPC Adjustment ? In the Crosshair VIII it is under AMD CBS > Zen Common Options. It doesn't seem to be included in the TUF X570? Maybe it's hidden somewhere else? I don't think so. The CPPC option they added in July. AMD Cool'n'Quiet is deprecated. To my knowledge, the whole OC procedure is INVALID without this: PPC Adjustment = PState 0
It's not on this board, at least with 2607 bios. I mean it's considered a mid to low end board anyway.

·
I Love this Hobby!
7,786 Posts
It's not on this board, at least with 2607 bios. I mean it's considered a mid to low end board anyway.
Should $200 net you a mid to low end board?

461 - 480 of 480 Posts