Overclock.net banner
41 - 60 of 854 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! Did notice games crashing more with 1403, now that I'm on 1404 seems more stable.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I thought AGESA 1.0.0.4 was supposed to introduce eco mode? Still doesn't show up in my Ryzen Master.

Edit: Updated to 1404 - this BIOS is still all jacked up. Eco-Mode now shows up on Ryzen Master, but only if the Core Performance Boost is set to Level 1, 2 or 3. If they're set to "Default" or "Auto", eco-mode doesn't show up. If you set it to Level 1, 2 or 3, the PPT and everything gets jacked way up to 1000+ watts and 145A. Hopefully they'll get it figured out by 1405...

·
Registered
28 Posts
been running the new bios for a few days and not all has been smooth

got something weird with the cpu fans, they stop completely and dont come back unless i power down the system and turn it back on
also it wont save some of the settings, one being the voltage for the cpu,

·
Registered
744 Posts
I got this board along with a 3800x and so far I've been liking it. I do have a question though, I noticed ryzen master states my tdp for my 3800x is 142 watts. I thought it was 105? I have PBO set to disabled since I don't want any overclocking stuff. I also have performance enhancer set to auto since there isn't a way to disable it. using 1404.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hmmm I might need to spend some more time with this board first.
Just got it today to replace my X570 Phantom Gaming 4 which I send back cause the top PCIe is to close to the CPU socket and it interferes with my CPU cooler.
But for now still unimpressed.
For the X570 Phantom Gaming 4, I just went in and set the XMP profile for my G.Skill RipJaws V 3200 then put the speed at 3600 and done no problems.
The Tuf won't boot when I just do that. Will need some work I guess.
It's paired with a 3700X
Bios is updated to 1404

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anybody randomly getting a "no display" error on boot?
I'm using display port, and about every second time I boot I get a 3L1S beep.
But the weird thing is it still almost always boots afterwards. It's weird, like, I'll get the first "good" beep, then a splash screen, then the display goes off with an error code, and then suddenly I'm into Windows and everything is great.
About 1 in 10 times it actually doesn't boot, and I have to flick the reset button, then all is good.
Anybody know what this is about? It seems like a glitch where the mobo thinks it no display for a few seconds..
I haven't stumbled on any pcie or display settings in the bios yet, but I haven't looked too hard.. Still fumbling around in the dark with this new Ryzen malarkey..

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm running everything on stock, only have docp enabled. When I do restart it fails to boot. If I do shutdown and it boots fine also its stable in windows. Also when I try to oc my ram it always defaults to the docp settings. Anyone have any idea what would cause this?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm running everything on stock, only have docp enabled. When I do restart it fails to boot. If I do shutdown and it boots fine also its stable in windows. Also when I try to oc my ram it always defaults to the docp settings. Anyone have any idea what would cause this?
I am on a ASUS Prime X570-Pro (not the same board, but very close) and experiencing this exact same issue. Usually fails POST from cold boot with the DRAM LED on any time DOCP is enabled (2x16GB, DDR4 3600, CL16, 16-19-19-19). The weird thing is, it's perfectly stable, passed 8 runs of Memtest86 with no issues at DOCP settings, restarts fine, etc. Just fails to POST quite often from cold boot.

I have noticed that the longer it sits, the more likely it is to fail POST. If it's stuck at a POST failure with the DRAM LED on, I can hold the power button to turn off, then press again to re-initiate startup, and it will usually boot this way with DOCP settings on the second or third try...

On Reddit and LinusTechTips others are reporting the same issue, many people are thinking the culprit is low DRAM Vboot which is set to 1.2 and not adjustable in TUF/Prime BIOS.

·
1689 Federalist
11,743 Posts
Using this mobo for 2 months and no issues with lan.

Is there some specific issue one should expect ?

People often say they are inferior to Intel. In real life not sure that amounts to a whole lot. But someone may share their poor experience with Realtek.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So far 1405 has solved my POST issues with G.Skill Ripjaws 2x16GB at 3600MHz. Tightened timings to 16-18-18-38 and still good. Crossing my fingers that this keeps up.

41 - 60 of 854 Posts