Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My P5W DH Deluxe came with 1301 loaded. Did a fresh install and loaded all the Asus stuff. Used Asus update to flash 1407 from a downloaded zip file with no problems. The other day I tried to mess around with mylogo2 to customize my post screen. I needed to use update to do this, but when I tried to start it, I got some error message related to "Asus Biosinfo.dll" and "No Asus motherboard detected".

I did some research and found that others have experienced a similar problem. A work-around was posted in this forum as follows:
1. Click "Start" -> "Run" -> type "regedit", press Enter.

2. Click "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" -> "SOFTWARE" -> rename "Wow6432Node" to "aWow6432Node", exit and reboot.

3. Install ASUS Update program, update Bios.

4. Re-run regedit, rename "aWow6432Node" back to "Wow6432Node".
I tried that and it didn't work!!
I call Asus tech support and as the luck of the draw would have it, I got a nasty fellow who said it was a software issue and wished me luck!!!

I've tried clearing cmos, and flashed the latest beta bios (1503) with AFUDOS221 but the problem persists.

Anyone have any thoughts??

·
Administrator
64,326 Posts
Sounds like the Modded post screen intefers with the BIOS or OS in some format. I dont know of an Actual Fix..Have you tries a different Screen or program to implement it ? If so i would leave it so you dont cause any further issues.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't moded the post screen yet, still stock.
When I tried to do the mod, the trouble began.
Post screen is still stock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts