Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am fresh owner of one ASUS X52J - K52JU laptop, production date June 2011.
This item came for DC power plug repair, and while repair cost was agreed and I took the laptop apart, and ordered the spare part, one week later the customer shown and wanted to step back from our agreement.
The long story in sort, the laptop this is now my own property.

I did repair the electronics, this has Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium and HDD has intact the recovery partition.
Intel Core i3-380M (2.53 GHz) Core 2 QUAD
4096MB DDR3
500GB SATA HDD.
AMD Radeon HD 6370 512MB
15.6" TFT LED, 1366 x 768
0.3MP Camera
3x USB 2.0, 1x HDMI, SD/MS/MMS
Gigabit Ethernet, Wi-Fi,

Damages:
Dead original keyboard
Top right corner crashed regarding plastics, screen undamaged.
DVD-Rom functional, plastic door missing, and its important because this plastic it is physical extension of the eject button.
Battery dead but original.

This heroic laptop, survived misuse from at least two young family members, before it ends at my hands.

Restoration progress:
I got new battery and arrived.
I got used identical DVD recorder with it plastic plate.
I did rebuild motherboard case, due transplant plastic from another laptop (Old ACER the donor).
Now I am after the hardest to find accessory the original keyboard with double print of Greek characters too.
And I need also to find the front plastic frame from the screen. (The Bezel).

The laptop this very alive right now, operating system fresh after factory reset.

ASUS Voice: 10 years old Laptop its too old for spare parts coverage by us... and they gave me just part codes and links leading to Google search.
I am now hunting to find spare parts at Europe, Greece, Balkans and even at Turkey.

This ASUS X52J - K52JU, belonged to price point of 550EUR.
Whom is the most crazy one ? Me or ASUS ?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My project slowly moves forward, its summer time here, and nothing works at full speed, neither the post office.

I have a question for other ASUS Laptop owners and expecting relative feedback, as I did notice soft flicker at the back-light system.
I did not had the chance to see such a laptop as new, and now I do wonder, if this soft flicker, this is to be expected?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you look here ?
Yes I am aware of it, Google search loves this place.
Spesific part-codes which has higher demand (users buy often due small accidents), they are out of stock or not available.
I am now expecting delivery of:
a) Screen bezel from Turkey (original new)
b) DVD-Rom plastic door from Moldova (original used)

And I am up to buying an second New keyboard.
At the first one a Greek revision (a week ago), I did replace the key covers with the ones of my original but damaged keyboard, and for unknown reason the ribbon under the keys this were damaged.
Now I am planing to to get the US version, which is at 1/3 of the price, and I will add the old key covers to it, but I will be double times more careful this time.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I have almost the same laptop and don’t notice any screen flicker. You can have my screen if you pay shipping from middle America.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have almost the same laptop and don’t notice any screen flicker. You can have my screen if you pay shipping from middle America.
Thanks for the offer! ( is it still available the International small packet prepaid carton box in the USA, for an item of these dimensions? )

I am truly impressed due the visual clarity of the screen of my laptop (this motivated me to adopt it as my own).:)
While this is 10 years old, the screen delivers clear crisp image, text fonts and all.
My older 17 years old ACER, this has a good screen too, but it can not compete in anyway with this ASUS model.
Even me using glasses due mid age, and I think as extremely comfortable the specific screen.

Soon I will replace the bezel, and because of that, I will have a better look of the screen back-light inverter, (this is what I consider as prime suspect so far).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts