Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been struggling a bit with my board, and the little old Ryzen 5 1600 on it. Finally got it to 3.8GHz, but the memory is playing hard to get.
https://valid.x86.fr/27fqca for the current setup, which fails OCCT, and it's not on the CPU, the CPU is happy at the speed.
I've put 1.15v on the SOC, and loosened the timings way crazily from what they should be. I know it's Hynix AFR, but still...
It won't run rated speed either on DOCP or the Ryzen Calc (1.1.0 beta 2) suggestions.
The XMP profile is: 15/17/17/35/52.
This memory and chip would run 3.8GHz with 2933 memory on my old MSI B350 gaming plus, but it'd get hot VRMs at load.
Any suggestions?
Running the 4008 BIOS as it was suggested on the ASUS forums that was better for clocking than 4011.

Edit: At the same super-loose timings, it's stable at 2866/18/18/27/48/75. I'm pretty sure there's DDR2 that'd go that fast...

·
Registered
106 Posts
I read also Asus forums and I got the impressions that you would need to wait for a new bios. They mention that board is not very stable when using multiple monitoring programs. And don t use dopc for memory.

·
Premium Member
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read also Asus forums and I got the impressions that you would need to wait for a new bios. They mention that board is not very stable when using multiple monitoring programs. And don t use dopc for memory.
Yeah, I saw that too. Roll on a new bios.
I only run one monitoring app at once. And the only Asus app still installed is the aura sync. Their bundled software refused to do anything really for my clocks. Their demo video showed it ramping up clocks and stability checking... maybe it only does that on a crosshair.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts