Overclock.net banner
981 - 1000 of 1313 Posts

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
I'm trying to find Founder's edition or other cards to test with. If someone is able to test with only bare minimums attached that would help rule things out (CPU, 1x memory stick, 2x 2080/Ti). Also remove USB devices, use CMOS default settings etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm trying to find Founder's edition or other cards to test with. If someone is able to test with only bare minimums attached that would help rule things out (CPU, 1x memory stick, 2x 2080/Ti). Also remove USB devices, use CMOS default settings etc.
@elmor
All of my testing so far has been done at stock/cleared cmos settings, with the exception of setting the data mode from ahci to raid. Have tried clearing cmos numerous times.

Only USB devices plugged in right now are bloody keyboard and Corsair mouse.

Have not yet tried removing down to single stick of ram yet, but will do so once home from work.

if you would like to do a Skype conference where you can see my rig with the two Founders editions in there and I can test some things for you I'm more than happy to help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Another thing, it doesn't seem to matter the combination of the PCIE slot being used. If i plug in to 16x slot 1 and slot 3, OE vga bios issue occurs. If I moved either card to 8x slot and leave the other on 16x slot 1 or 3, same error occurs. It's literally as soon as you attempt to connect a second matching 2080/ti to any other pcie slot, the issue occurs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
latest news posted on rog forum

I called Asus support the night before last and the agent told me they were receiving many escalations regarding this 2080 issue and their engineering team is currently working on resolution. The only information they could provide me was it is indeed related to nvlink interface incompatibility with current BIOS/board, and users of the 20xx series GPU's, whether multipgpu or single gpu may face issues and instability until BIOS update is released.

They also stated there is other issues related to the 20xx series GPU's and screens going black prior to login screen in windows/drive instability with boards at the moment, and this is affecting other boards as well (not just the ZE) and they are working on BIOS updates for these issues too.

They said to expect BIOS updates "soon" and their L2 teams will keep in touch.

Seems the NVlink interface, regardless of multigpu or single, is causing issues with ASUS mobos in general for many. I suspect they never really added support for it since it was technically outside the scope of the market these boards were intended for (well, until now).

·
A Furious Ghost
89 Posts
Elmor, I have removed everything down to the CPU, Gpu’s and RAM. It didn’t work in that config, so I left everything unplugged and took out all but 1 RAM stick, it then worked flawlessly. It worked even with everything plugged back on. I need my RAM so I went back to full config with 1 GPU enabled for now. I did get to test it with two cards and it ran great. I am wondering if this has anything to do with the FEs BIOS that I’ve read is encrypted different if I read that right. I am going to check that both cards have the same BIOS tonight and see what I can find out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here are my working settings.

I also have .CMO file but overclock.net won't let me upload it. This is using BIOS version 1003. If you want a copy DM me your email address.

Thanks Skingun! Unfortunately, using 2950x and i guess that processor isn't supported in BIOS 1003. Only other fix for time being to get it to work is to remove all RAM except for the one in B1 slot (which effectively reduices me down to 8gb, lol). Still fingers crossed for a updated BIOS by EOW.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thanks Skingun! Unfortunately, using 2950x and i guess that processor isn't supported in BIOS 1003. Only other fix for time being to get it to work is to remove all RAM except for the one in B1 slot (which effectively reduices me down to 8gb, lol). Still fingers crossed for a updated BIOS by EOW.
Yes. This is a problem with 2950x. Must use 1402. I tried.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've noticed people have issues with the higher core TR sku's however I'm planning on purchasing the 12 core 2920x (or possibly the 1920x if the prices drop more) obviously I'm going to try and OC it a bit would I run into similar VRM issues on this board?

981 - 1000 of 1313 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.