Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Nobody
6,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems the community of mITX users is very small but thought I would check if Asus's 0901 bios is breaking anyone else's X470-I?

No sensors are reading nor any oc is stable, like it's just a completely botched bios.

I flashed back to 0601 and sensors are reading again and I am able to OC. Just got me curious as I struggle to oc my 2700.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the opposite experience... Using 0601 with a 2400G/Team Dark 3200MHz CL14 Samsung B-die and the system was unstable even at stock. Updated to 0901 and now it's been stable even with DOCP 3200...

Temperatures are reading ok. Just to check: after flashing did you load UEFI's Default config? Also don't reuse profiles from different UEFI version.

·
Nobody
6,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My main issue was no sensor reading which meant had no idea what my temps were running. I did load optimized defaults with 0901 and it wiped my profiles anyway so didn't have any to use.

Interesting, seems my board may be bad, I can't get Aura to sync or even think about recognizing it's own RGB setup no matter what I do also.

Meh, oh well

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I'm not the only one having issues with the BIOS updates for this board! Although, my issue involved my entire system locking up requiring me to pull the power cable out in order to get it to shut down so I could reboot.

Tested everything I could think of but couldn't pin it on anything obvious (PSU, GPU, CPU) so ended up RMAing the board. Just got it back yesterday with the repair notes just saying "update to BIOS could fix issue", which is annoying because I was already on the latest version when I sent it out about 2 weeks ago.

I installed it today and played Shadow of War for a bit and encoded a short 1080p video to see if anything would happen. All seems good so far but we'll see if whatever they did fixed the problem. *Fingers crossed!*

1 - 4 of 4 Posts