Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Got the Asus x540l yesterday and I'm trying to swap out the hard drive for an ssd. I've removed all the screws on the bottom but I have no idea how to open the thing. Has anyone got this laptop and knows how to open it up to swap out the HDD?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagkaman View Post

Hi everyone,

Got the Asus x540l yesterday and I'm trying to swap out the hard drive for an ssd. I've removed all the screws on the bottom but I have no idea how to open the thing. Has anyone got this laptop and knows how to open it up to swap out the HDD?

Thanks
Seems that you might not have taken ALL the screws out bud. You sure there aren't any under a sticker or something? Did you start to pry it open and it's not coming off? If you upload a couple of pics I'm sure we can figure it out. One thing that really helps so you don't break any tabs off, use a credit card or something similar and run it down the edges and it will help pop the tabs off so you don't break any. Just start in one corner and work your way around if you are needing to remove the whole bottom. I'm not familiar with that model to tell you without seeing some pics. I'll try to help if I can see what we are working with
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1 Posts
How many screws? I also bought one and am trying to do the same thing but only four screws can be removed while it looks like that are six other "plug" where screws should be.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I only found 4 screws as well... still haven't managed to get it apart - not even with a credit card.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts