Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I assembled a new system for myself and on the second day the Corsair TX 650 V2 started giving problems. My system would restart all of a sudden until I realized that the 12V rail voltage was dropping below 10V due to which the system was restarting. I got the PSU changed and was given a new TX 650 V2. It worked fine and did not have any issues for 7 days. On the 8th day while surfing the Internet, my system shut down and would not start up again. After self diagnosis I realised that the PSU fan was not working. I tried the PSU test as recommended by Corsair to identity the problem. Being a fan of Corsair products, this is the first time I am dissapointed with the TX650 V2 PSU. My older system has the older version of TX 650 and is still working like a charm. As I experienced problem with TX 650V2 and due to limited stock availability of HX 550 PSUs, I ended up getting myself a Seasonic SS-750 JS PSU which is an OEM product. Has anyone faced this issue with this board???

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
you should put this in the PSU section, BUT are you measuring voltages on the 12v rail with software or with digital multimeter? i recommend you goto radioshack and buy one for 10 bucks.

Anyways yes i hear the V2 uses a different maker, so it is a bit different. Maybe just buy a seasonic? or the non-TX version?

the M4Gz is a good board i have one, have you tried maybe updating your BIOS? make sure the BIOS chip is secure?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I meansured the 12V voltage using the Asus Probe software. Maybe the V2 has some issues. I have read in some forums that some Corsair PSUs have issues with Asus Mobo. Its been 2 days now using Seasonic and no issues so far. I am using the latest BIOS which came with the mobo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts